CPJ laying the wood to the media

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I can't ever understand what you're saying. I get what you're saying about history, but that's all in the past. And Ole Miss didn't kick our butters, or whatever the hell. We lost by one score and had a chance to win that game. Clemson beat Uga at full strength, save for THC....I mean, JHC. You say things like SEC dominance because it's what the talking heads tell you. We'll be just fine...
Sorry you misunderstood.Ole Miss kicked our butts period.Look at the stats,the number 4 rushing team in the nation held to 151 yds over four quarters.Sounds like a whipping to me.Second Clemson beat ga without a running back........give it to them they beat GA cant
Also, those SEC teams started the season higher ranked. It is easier to get to the top when you are 85 percent of the way. Who did Alabama play in the bowl game.

be USC.Hope we will be just fine but you need to look at history and see the results.SEC teams that you say are losing dominance ......were 7-3 in bowl games............ACC teams were.....what 2-6. Dont think this is a SEC talking points.....its the pure truth yet I agree I hope the trends changes but we are not in the LSU,BAMA,USC,Auburn,FLA, Mizzzou so I am not so sure we will be just fine.Sorry for the typing errors a Kindal fire is not the best method for expressing a view in the morning.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Well guys how to you think those teams get rated.........beauty of the cheerleaders ? They win football games and plenty of them and yes Bama fell to OKie and I loved every minute of watching Nicky turn red.Look around at top teams that recruit every year on any recruiting poll and look at the number of SEC teams that get the better athletes every year.Tech fan since I could walk and I am 66 but no matter what spin you put on it we aint up to SEC team yet.Just my opinion but again how many ACC NC rings do you see folks wearing now.........only I and that was FSU which joined this conference years ago.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Facts don't lie
No doubt about that but overall...........sec is seven out of ten and we (acc)two and eight last year.......also gents this has been good year for FSU but when was last time ACC won the NC ? and how many times have Fla,LSU and Bama won in last ten yrs......yep facts dont lie.Now before yu write this off the topic was SEC domination ending.....I hope it does but so far we got handled by Ole Miss and that is all I worry about bowl wise.I hope we get to SEC level and soon but come on the facts are not there.IF this is the case(loss of domination of SEC) then I wouldn't tell it to Bama or LSU who have several rings on their fingers and are in running for more next year.FSU had great year but until the bowl game really only played one biggie and that was Clemson.......but like folks say you can use stats and games to prove anything ........You can also look up in Scout the top teams recruiting class wise in the SEC and they have 8 out of first 15.WE were in the forty or so spot.....SEC is still tough yet would like to see us play them at home some.We played a weak gerogie team and lost and now Vandy is or seems to be above us....also rans in SEC Ole Miss are getting strong so I see no end in the future of SEC dominance on national stage.Just my opinion on what I see over a bunch of years.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Facts don't lie
Facts don't lie
Well since its cold as hell and raining in Wadley lets just discuss this..........lets say the reason for BAma losing was the fact they couldnt play for the NC.......many will say that and of course the kick on Aubuie is they had two plays go their way in last seconds and Bama should be there for NC rather than the Tigers.That seems to be the thinking of many sport writers who give Aubie more space on the rag than FSU and man it was so close that SEC almost won another one. Now if Aubie has won we would have to hear SEC dominance so we got a good year off out of that bowl.Funny was it not when Aubie got the lead in the closing minutes and the sport casters had to climb aboard the FSU closing minutes.......FSU got little respect this year yet when you look back LSU and BAMA won NC in the past losing games............SEC is sport writers dream.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Mack, you're barking up the wrong tree around here with the SEC love fest.
No feast my friend just facts....some will like them and try to rise to SEC level and others will not.Just a opinion anyway but look if you had free tickets to LSU vs BAma or Georgie or TEch vs PoDunk Univ where would you go..........my take is if the guy is better than I am i am going to whip him by outworking him so we get on SEC level we will be better.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I will acknowledge that the SEC has been the most consistent quality conference of the last decade, BUT, they have been bolstered far more by the MEDIA MACHINE CARTEL than they have superior recruiting classes. It has been a cartel, that is really not an overstatement. ESPN and CBS spends big dough on the conference so they are going to talk them up every chance they get. That alone shouldn't mean much, but it does when the system for deciding championships heavily involves VOTING by the members of the press. ESPN and CBS dearly need their investments to pay off so they are going to vote for their wallets. SEC teams start the year with a huge advantage in the polls and enjoy the advantage all year long with how little they fall after losses etc. The year LSU played Bammer in the title game was a complete sham. A Travesty. A team that lost to the other participant already and didn't even represent their conference in their own championship game was awarded a spot over other conference champions, solely because of media bias. So, when we talk about the SEC streak etc, take it FWIW. The playoff can't get here soon enough.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I will acknowledge that the SEC has been the most consistent quality conference of the last decade, BUT, they have been bolstered far more by the MEDIA MACHINE CARTEL than they have superior recruiting classes. It has been a cartel, that is really not an overstatement. ESPN and CBS spends big dough on the conference so they are going to talk them up every chance they get. That alone shouldn't mean much, but it does when the system for deciding championships heavily involves VOTING by the members of the press. ESPN and CBS dearly need their investments to pay off so they are going to vote for their wallets. SEC teams start the year with a huge advantage in the polls and enjoy the advantage all year long with how little they fall after losses etc. The year LSU played Bammer in the title game was a complete sham. A Travesty. A team that lost to the other participant already and didn't even represent their conference in their own championship game was awarded a spot over other conference champions, solely because of media bias. So, when we talk about the SEC streak etc, take it FWIW. The playoff can't get here soon enough.
I agree Zip like playofffbut bet SEC teams still get breaks.My point is simple and I don't like it but BAMA...LSU..yes Georgie and Aubie. Control the media get the top recruits and win games.We can only throw FSU st them as a reason for their percieved fall from power.yeah BAMA zvs LSU was awful match bur media loved it and when you control the media you are a step up on the dominance scale.My deal is for us to challenge the SEC but they are still a very strong football league.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Well since its cold as hell and raining in Wadley lets just discuss this..........lets say the reason for BAma losing was the fact they couldnt play for the NC.......many will say that and of course the kick on Aubuie is they had two plays go their way in last seconds and Bama should be there for NC rather than the Tigers.That seems to be the thinking of many sport writers who give Aubie more space on the rag than FSU and man it was so close that SEC almost won another one. Now if Aubie has won we would have to hear SEC dominance so we got a good year off out of that bowl.Funny was it not when Aubie got the lead in the closing minutes and the sport casters had to climb aboard the FSU closing minutes.......FSU got little respect this year yet when you look back LSU and BAMA won NC in the past losing games............SEC is sport writers dream.

"ifs" and "butts" :)

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Here is a decent article from a couple of years ago explaining why the SEC's dominance is not quite as much as it would seem in the media. http://m.thepostgame.com/commentary...sto-southern-secession-chuck-thompson-sec-bcs

I would be interested to see it updated. The SEC's bowl record is no doubt impressive (and those are the games people pay most attention to), but the SEC's regular season record against other power conferences is really not impressive at all.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Here is a decent article from a couple of years ago explaining why the SEC's dominance is not quite as much as it would seem in the media. http://m.thepostgame.com/commentary...sto-southern-secession-chuck-thompson-sec-bcs

I would be interested to see it updated. The SEC's bowl record is no doubt impressive (and those are the games people pay most attention to), but the SEC's regular season record against other power conferences is really not impressive at all.
Neither is ours vs..........the SEC.Would imagine Bama and LSU and Carolina have edge playing us..Fact is though you are right about the media......they love the SEC and they love .......our option.