CPJ has company with the "no visit rule"

The policy is in place at many schools, because it makes sense. I think Dabo has that rule. You have to bring some certainty to the process. If you are still looking, you're still looking---and so is the school. On a side note, heard a discussion about underclassmen who declared for the NFL draft but were not drafted wanting a mechanism by which they could return to their college (or maybe some other college) and resume their eligibility. Holy crow, talk about mayhem.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The policy is in place at many schools, because it makes sense. I think Dabo has that rule. You have to bring some certainty to the process. If you are still looking, you're still looking---and so is the school. On a side note, heard a discussion about underclassmen who declared for the NFL draft but were not drafted wanting a mechanism by which they could return to their college (or maybe some other college) and resume their eligibility. Holy crow, talk about mayhem.

Dabo does have the same rule. He had to almost eat it last season when DeShaun Watson (5 star QB) secretly went to Auburn (or some school in the SEC) and it was reported all over message boards. I think a few weeks before another recruit that was far lower rated did the same thing and Dabo pulled his commitment offer.

yjack

Jolly Good Fellow
On a side note, heard a discussion about underclassmen who declared for the NFL draft but were not drafted wanting a mechanism by which they could return to their college (or maybe some other college) and resume their eligibility. Holy crow, talk about mayhem.

So the underclassmen want to be able to drop out of school to go to a pre-draft workout facility for a couple months. Of course, they aren't making academic progress during this time. They sign with an agent....or have some financial arrangement with someone to foot the bill for the pre-draft training and living expenses for a couple months. Then in May after they weren't drafted they walk into the coach's office and say, "Hey, I'm back from vacation. Did ya miss me?" Even the NCAA might have difficulty giving a wink and a nod to that idea.

Dabo does have the same rule. He had to almost eat it last season when DeShaun Watson (5 star QB) secretly went to Auburn (or some school in the SEC) and it was reported all over message boards. I think a few weeks before another recruit that was far lower rated did the same thing and Dabo pulled his commitment offer.
An anecdote attributed to Duffy Daugherty at a coaching clinic he was holding. When asked about instilling player discipline, he said if a boy breaks team rules one time, I run him after practice. If he breaks the rules again, I run him till he drops and I suspend him for a game or two. If he breaks the rules a third time, well then I drop him completely from the team and send him back to his parents---UNLESS HE'S REALLY, REALLY GOOD.

Buzz1965

Georgia Tech Fan
I think it's a policy of a lot of coaches but some just don't come out and say it. I've always though NCAA should step in and place a universal rule