Costco or Sam’s

Milwaukee

Banned
Always been a Costco guy personally. Recently moved to a location that has both Costco and Sams on my exit. I read a couple reviews/articles comparing the 2 but they seemed biased towards each. What are some of the good things about Sams?

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
Sam’s has more SKUs. Sam’s can check store availability online and do store pickup. Plus members get in early every day. Sam’s has ability to scan your items in-store on your phone, pay and skip the lines.

I am members at all three: Costco (regular), Sams (plus), and BJs (premium). I buy gas at BJs with their CC and get 10 cents off a gallon every time. That alone pays for my membership vs retail gas since it is closer to my home.

Milwaukee

Banned
Sam’s seems to be like the hood version or trailer park version of Costco based off my first experience. That being said I liked a lot of the items they have there and the prices are better than Costco. My ATL friends never shut up about the Members Mark Southern Style Chicken Chunks so I grabbed a bag of those (supposedly they’re supposed to taste like the Chick Fil A nuggs).
The members mark deli meat is a lot less expensive than Kirkland brand too. I grabbed a 1.4lb tub of honey turkey for $7. Those are around $12 at Costco.
I’ll try the food court Friday to compare the dogs to Costco’s. #Merica

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Sam’s seems to be like the hood version or trailer park version of Costco based off my first experience. That being said I liked a lot of the items they have there and the prices are better than Costco. My ATL friends never shut up about the Members Mark Southern Style Chicken Chunks so I grabbed a bag of those (supposedly they’re supposed to taste like the Chick Fil A nuggs).
The members mark deli meat is a lot less expensive than Kirkland brand too. I grabbed a 1.4lb tub of honey turkey for $7. Those are around $12 at Costco.
I’ll try the food court Friday to compare the dogs to Costco’s. #Merica
Report back on the nuggets too!!

Milwaukee

Banned
I know everyone has been on the edge of their seat refreshing the page every minute waiting on the crucial food court hot dog comparison. The decision is in: it’s a tie. They’re both great for $1.50 and you get a soda with each. They’re both 1/4lb monsters. Great value at the price point.
But neither are as good as the Nathan’s Colossal 1/4 dogs. The Nathan’s Colossals are hard to find and they’re pricey, about $8 for a pack of 4. But well worth it if you can find them.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I know everyone has been on the edge of their seat refreshing the page every minute waiting on the crucial food court hot dog comparison. The decision is in: it’s a tie. They’re both great for $1.50 and you get a soda with each. They’re both 1/4lb monsters. Great value at the price point.
But neither are as good as the Nathan’s Colossal 1/4 dogs. The Nathan’s Colossals are hard to find and they’re pricey, about $8 for a pack of 4. But well worth it if you can find them.
way to bring the hard hitting journalism to the great hot dog's hot dog competition

Animated GIF