Corporate Stadium Sponsorships

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Over the last few years, it's been a growing trend for college football stadiums to adopt corporate sponsors. It's not just limited to small time schools either. Today, USC announced that the LA Memorial Coliseum will change its name to the United Airlines Memorial Coliseum.

Personally, I am against us ever adopting a corporate sponsor for BDS. However, the discussion on the new LA name got reddit taking a vote on worst sponsorship names. I wanted to see what you guys thought would be the best/worst/funniest/etc. sponsorships we or other teams could have if forced.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
:(:mad:
Over the last few years, it's been a growing trend for college football stadiums to adopt corporate sponsors. It's not just limited to small time schools either. Today, USC announced that the LA Memorial Coliseum will change its name to the United Airlines Memorial Coliseum.

Personally, I am against us ever adopting a corporate sponsor for BDS. However, the discussion on the new LA name got reddit taking a vote on worst sponsorship names. I wanted to see what you guys thought would be the best/worst/funniest/etc. sponsorships we or other teams could have if forced.

I'm very against Corporate Sponsorship:(:mad: I hope we never see a Georgia Power Bobby Dodd Stadium or a First Tennessee Bank Neyland Stadium:vomit:

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

Does USC have any ownership of LA Memorial Coliseum? I thought the city or state owned it, but not sure.

Hated it when the Thrillerdome was tied to McDonalds.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I really hate this kind of thing.

It's bad enough to have to listen to and watch relentless commercials for various "corporate sponsors" during the games. Holding up the action so that some doofus can try to kick the ball through the uprights is not only boring, but it stretches the game time, already inflated to sell whatever-in-Hades they are selling on tv, even more. What used to be 2.5 hours of pretty continuous entertainment is now a four hour marathon punctuated by hucksterism.

I suppose I have to put up with the commercials since nobody will foot the bill for keeping them out (yet). But renaming our stadium, one of college football's historic venues, for a friggin' company is where the line gets drawn.

Oh, and USCw should be ashamed of themselves. LA Memorial has been the main site for two Olympic Games as well as the USC football team for a long time. Renaming it for an airline disgraces those memories. Leave crap like this to the pros.