Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I just want to know what the hell he has on him..... on second thought, maybe not.
I thought through it, having the same question. I think it's marshmallow fluff.

Meanwhile, I don't know what all of this means, but of course, I'm gonna post GT-related CV19 info. I do know that I should stay tf away from Arizona.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
I thought through it, having the same question. I think it's marshmallow fluff.

Meanwhile, I don't know what all of this means, but of course, I'm gonna post GT-related CV19 info. I do know that I should stay tf away from Arizona.

Nicely put together chart, but the assumptions are so simplistic that the actual diagnostic/predictive value is nearly 0... Assuming that there are 10 undiagnosed cases for every 1 diagnosed is a real WAG... Assuming that every diagnosed case could represent someone mobile who could be in a crowd greatly oversimplifies the contributions to the COVID count from nursing homes and retirement communities ...
I've seen similar charts that were put together simply from statistical first principles that were more valid...

LibertyTurns

Banned
Florida cases down, hospitalizations up but we just had the holiday weekend. Hang onto your hats because Thurs, Fri and Sat’s going to be wild. 14k anyone? 15k?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
WSB radio just reported it.

What was their announcement based on?

The Georgia DPH releases data at 3:00 every day. Today it was released at 2:50. They show the data based on when the symptoms first began in people with confirmed cases. You have to wait 14 days to know what today's total actually is on that chart. The AJC takes that data and shows it in the same way, and they also show it based on reported cases per day. Reported cases was dropping rapidly from Thursday thru yesterday. However, today reported cases made a huge spike.

I don't know where WSB could have gotten different information. The official source if the Georgia DPH. Their data showed a steady decline for 4 days, and then a huge spike today. If WSB is using the DPH information, they could have reported that cases are down until today's data but no longer. If they aren't using the DPH information, it would be interesting to know what information they are using.

Deleted member 2897

Florida cases down, hospitalizations up but we just had the holiday weekend. Hang onto your hats because Thurs, Fri and Sat’s going to be wild. 14k anyone? 15k?

SC cases down nearly 50% from yesterday. Probably a holiday travel blip. Would be nice if it holds, but I’m not counting on it. Charleston County down 70%.

LibertyTurns

Banned
SC cases down nearly 50% from yesterday. Probably a holiday travel blip. Would be nice if it holds, but I’m not counting on it. Charleston County down 70%.
It’s just human nature. Nobody’s screwing up their holiday to go take a C19 test. Wait until Mon or Tues and then go in. It’s what’s happening at my workplace. We had 6 call in yesterday and 19 this morning. We’re going to double our cases by the end of the week & next week we’re going to be setting records. I had 25% of my Team traveling over the holiday. We still got some on vacation but most are back.. Hopefully after that we’ll all settle down.

Deleted member 2897

It’s just human nature. Nobody’s screwing up their holiday to go take a C19 test. Wait until Mon or Tues and then go in. It’s what’s happening at my workplace. We had 6 call in yesterday and 19 this morning. We’re going to double our cases by the end of the week & next week we’re going to be setting records. I had 25% of my Team traveling over the holiday. We still got some on vacation but most are back.. Hopefully after that we’ll all settle down.

I also think a lot of doctors offices and other locations were closed for the holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.