Corey Griffin highlights

Techster

Helluva Engineer
10-15 more pounds and he is a thumper like keanu neal

Fyi. Omg. Watching these makes me cringe at how slow we are sideline to sideline at the lb position

This HAS to be addressed with either better situational subs or they get beat out. We cannot be this slow in D1 ball

Need to get creative with LBs. If you can't sign elite LBs or develop the LBs we have, get bigger DBs/WRs and develop them into LBs. Keep saying it, someone like Jalen Johnson or Antonio Messick should have been groomed to be an OLB if you know they're not going to get time at DB/WR. Maybe one of the two works out and you have a good player at OLB. Trying beats having them standing on the sidelines.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
One of those guys coaches say plays bigger than his size. My defensive MVP this year.

One thing I'll say about our defensive backfield. We don't have anyone that makes "business decisions". They all support the run, and they commit to it.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing I love about CG is how he closes ground on ball carriers. Too many of our defenders wait for ball carriers to come to them in fear of being juked. Not Corey. He goes and get's 'em.
Definitely like Corey (even more than AJ Gray) for the reason you mentioned. Barring injury, he's going to be big for us next year.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
This guy definitely did improve over the yr and was one of the reasons the def got better.He missed too many tackles and was out of position too much early but improved.(the LOW-light was him hitting Austin in EZ in Clem game to negate the int).
Should be a real factor next yr.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
This guy definitely did improve over the yr and was one of the reasons the def got better.He missed too many tackles and was out of position too much early but improved.(the LOW-light was him hitting Austin in EZ in Clem game to negate the int).
Should be a real factor next yr.
Him hitting the Austin twin was not on him. Austin came out of the end zone when he shouldn't have and then just stopped that's why he got hit by griffin.

If he can add 10-15 pound he should get a shot at the NFL if he keeps progressing.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Let me state this. The mlb draws the rb assignment a ton in pass. Thats where i will stop. We are 5-10 yards too slow to pick him up

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Corey and AJ gave us solid safety play this past season and showed improvement as the season progressed. However, we did not see much backup play at the position except a few downs by JJohnson and Kagawa . I assume the backup pecking order currently is JJohnson/Kagawa, Campbell, and Cole. Any insights on the progression of the safety backups?

FlakJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Let me state this. The mlb draws the rb assignment a ton in pass. Thats where i will stop. We are 5-10 yards too slow to pick him up
I was so excited and had such high hopes for the lb's in the class that signed almost two years ago....they have been such a big disappointment, almost to the point they should be processed out. If we are ever going to take the next step as a program, we can't have guys like this holding the program back. The slow linebacker probably cost us 3 of our 4 losses this season.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I loved watching Corey out there this year, he was laying the wood on WRs coming across the middle and really crushed a few guys. He seems to have improved as much as anyone on our defense last year, can't wait to see how he does next year. My big fear with him is he gets a targeting call early on (like Tenn game) and it makes him hesitate a bit the rest of the season.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Good to see Corey's getting some attention. The guy has been getting better every year and hopefully he can continue to improve his skills in his senior season. Stay healthy and the best of luck to CG!!

Thanks. For some reason, I don't think this was a RamblinWreck video. Anyone have the words to the sound track {rhetorical}?

Fun to watch. Football should be fun. Next year is this year now.........

Milwaukee

Banned
Love Griffin because he excels at tackling. I wasn't a fan of him being on the field because I felt he was a liability in coverage, but think he more than makes up for it in the run game. I was wrong about him, and I'm really happy to see him playing so well. I would guess that opposing teams' skill players hear all week in meetings about keeping their head on a swivel and to look for 14. Dude flat out tackles in the open field better than most I've seen.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
He's a heat seaking missile. A tool Roof can use for different calls. He is pretty skinny though. Plays like he is 10-15 lbs bigger than hecreally is. If he can pack that much good weight on.....ouch for the opposition.