Corey Dennis

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Careful. You are flirting with the notion that running the football actually works, and that as fruity as Johnson's alignment looked, when it went into gear it could be a thing of beauty. I see the RPO and zone reads in today's offenses and wonder why they even call it an option.

As for Dennis, obviously it pays to marry well.
OK Nerd Alert! My wife and I were recently reminiscing about the Orange Bowl with MSU, how beautifully the B Back option was working, and how frustrated the DL for MSU was. She came up with the idea that it was the Schrodinger Offense that game. For a defensive lineman, the B Back both had the ball and didn't have the ball based on the mental state of the DL. Well, it sounded better with a bourbon drink.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
He’d be crazy to diverge from the “family tree.” He’s been well taken care of so far, and sticking close to Urb or a discliple like Day gives him a significant leg up in continuing to perform well in high profile jobs under high performing head coaches.

bailing out to be an OC at Tech, or Vanderbilt, or HC at Troy would be a terrible career decision

Coaching is a “who you know” business. It’s much more relationship-based, than knowledge/skill based