1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Cops

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by Whiskey_Clear, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

Nothing would prevent that family member from calling police for assistance once they recognized a mental breakdown was occurring.

2. Technut1990

Technut1990 Helluva Engineer

https://apple.news/ADX-f-SoXTUyhM8VyzrHkDA

I’m putting this here although I think it could go in the more political discussions also.

This is what I’m talking about when I say all this race baiting is ruining the country. I know this happened in England but it’s the same affect.

When cops make decisions based on race it undermines law and order but when our media and society lie, conflate and exaggerate the number of real incidents it pressures cops and politicians to actively consider the appearance, not actual, but appearance of racial bias - when they arrest people.

Comparative statistical policing will result in a different kind of racial injustice. I thinks it’s fair to ask how this agency treated white male suspects, did they go after them b/c there is no fear of reprisals?

3. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

Link doesn't work for me....

4. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

5. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

6. Technut1990

If you are employed in law enforcement or the court system you already knew what this article is telling us.

Predominantly crime is race oriented, meaning blacks kill blacks and whites kill whites. While there are numbers which may seem to oppose that theory they are a blip on the overall murder or even crime victim numbers.

I say this because even if there were 200 murders ( I don’t know the number ) which were interracial those 200 are a comparatively small number when compared to the total homicide numbers ( I said homicides which include police shootings ). If you look even further at police shootings you will find that numbers reflect two other things. #1). There are proportional shootings to population numbers, meaning that in majority black jurisdictions the majority of those shot by police will be black ( it works the same way for whites. 2). Since policing began to hire more minorities, the agencies with the higher number of black officers also have a higher number of black officer involved shootings. So it’s not a question of the officers color, black cops shoot also. It’s a matter of media false portrayals in order to ramp up sales, clicks or coverage ( commercial space leased = profit, more viewers = more commercial space purchased ).

So what’s not mentioned in the rabid media is the number of black officers who are involved in use of force incidents or police shootings. The general trend, as it’s always had been, is the more violent society becomes the more police shootings there are, 99% of them justified by the facts involved.

Despite popular belief cops aren’t assigned beat locations by the race of the citizens, they are assigned beat locations as the crime rate of that area dictates. More crime = more cops, more cops + more criminals = more police shootings.

There is nothing sinister or evil involved. Those who hate cops do so for several reasons, some from bad interactions, most from media influence and rearing. If your dad is a criminal and he raises you I doubt very seriously you are pro police from the get go - no matter how your interaction with them is.

7. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Black officers shoot a higher percentage of black suspects than white officers do. Just one of those things you wish you could pray away or snap your fingers, but life is real and ugly sometimes.

Technut1990 likes this.
  8. Technut1990

The real truth is that when crap hits the fan no cop thinks about what color the other person is.