cool story bro, no point

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
I just chatted with Malcom Brogdon, last year's Rookie of the Year. It was work-related, and the relaxed situation allowed me to joke with him.

The convo went like this:

Me: "Hey man, I got a bone to pick with you."
MB: "Really? What for?"
Me: "I went to Georgia Tech. I don't know if I like standing next to a Cavalier."
MB: "Word? You went to Tech? I would have gone to Georgia Tech but Paul Hewitt never recruited me."
Me: "Wait. What? You would've gone to Georgia Tech?"
MB: "Yeah, you from Georgia?"
Me: "No, I grew up in Oklahoma, but I went to school at Tech."
MB: "You an engineer?"
Me: "Computer science. It helps with this stuff." (I point at all sorts of neat technology around us)
MB: (throwing his hands up in the air) "I'm from Decatur! I totally would've gone to Tech! I never heard anything from Coach Hewitt!"
Me: "..."

Super-nice guy and intelligent. Would've been a good GT guy. Consider that his number was retired at UVA. Or maybe Hewitt would've ruined him. :barefoot:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's a cool story that you met him, but a cruel reminder because this is pretty well known that Hewitt didn't think he was good enough for GT, even though you had a solid player with great academics.

I got a lot of respect for Brogdon. He was great at UVA. Pretty cool you're getting to work with him.

ETA: if you talk to him again, let him know that there's a set of GT hoops fans that are hugely disappointed Hewitt never called him.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Imagine him MGH and I bet Carter stays too ugh but hey love Pastner and the team huge class coming in 2018 most talented we have had in a long time and still have some nice targets considering us!

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Imagine him MGH and I bet Carter stays too ugh but hey love Pastner and the team huge class coming in 2018 most talented we have had in a long time and still have some nice targets considering us!
Who else are we targeting next in this class?

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Who else are we targeting next in this class?

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Who else are we targeting at? Let's keep it rolling