Cool Bobby Dodd video

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I remember reading in Dodd's Luck that when he first joined the Georgia Tech coaching staff in 1931 that he could out punt anyone on the Georgia Tech football team and had bets with them for things like milkshakes about where he could get the punts to land on Rose Bowl Field.

I remember other stories I heard where he would get frustrated with punting and demonstrate technique by killing punts and landing them into trash cans on the field and onto his observation stand where he overlooked practices.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I remember other stories I heard where he would get frustrated with punting and demonstrate technique by killing punts and landing them into trash cans on the field and onto his observation stand where he overlooked practices.
I remember the story about Coach Alexander in 1930 sent assistant coach Mack Tharpe to talk to General Neyland in Knoxville about Georgia Tech's upcoming opponent North Carolina who Tennessee barely beat 9-7. General Neyland thought he was above doing that and told Coach Tharpe to talk to Tennessee's 1930 Captain Bobby Dodd. Coach Tharpe was so impressed with Bobby Dodd's football intelligence that he ran back to Georgia Tech and told Coach Alexander to hire him as an assistant coach on his staff.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I remember the story about Coach Alexander in 1930 sent assistant coach Mack Tharpe to talk to General Neyland in Knoxville about Georgia Tech's upcoming opponent North Carolina who Tennessee barely beat 9-7. General Neyland thought he was above doing that and told Coach Tharpe to talk to Tennessee's 1930 Captain Bobby Dodd. Coach Tharpe was so impressed with Bobby Dodd's football intelligence that he ran back to Georgia Tech and told Coach Alexander to hire him as an assistant coach on his staff.

And man was Neyland’s *** chapped when we hired Dodd away.