Congrats to the Falcons

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Since 2008. The following year after losing the Super Bowl, the panthers are the only team to post a losing record. Most teams were either 12-4 or 11-5

http://m.thepostgame.com/list/201602/how-super-bowl-loser-fare-next-season-nfl-football

So how did 43.5% miss the playoffs the following year?

Missed playoffs: 43.5 percent.
Lost in wild-card round: 17.4 percent.
Lost in divisional round: 30.4 percent.
Lost in conference championship: 8.7 percent.
Reached Super Bowl again: 0 percent.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
So how did 43.5% miss the playoffs the following year?

Missed playoffs: 43.5 percent.
Lost in wild-card round: 17.4 percent.
Lost in divisional round: 30.4 percent.
Lost in conference championship: 8.7 percent.
Reached Super Bowl again: 0 percent.

I’m assuming that’s from all the way back to 1967?

I only went to 08 which is the complete opposite of a “curse”. Unless your the panthers

Also how is going back to the Super Bowl 0%. The bills did it three times

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I’m assuming that’s from all the way back to 1967?

I only went to 08 which is the complete opposite of a “curse”. Unless your the panthers

Also how is going back to the Super Bowl 0%. The bills did it three times

Last 23 years per the article you cited, last to do it were the Bills in 1994

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
As uninspiring as it is for the Falcons to limp into the playoffs as the #6 seed, the Eagles QB situation makes a win and trip to face the #1 seed look about as winnable on paper as anybody could hope for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
As uninspiring as it is for the Falcons to limp into the playoffs as the #6 seed, the Eagles QB situation makes a win and trip to face the #1 seed look about as winnable on paper as anybody could hope for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the Falcons can beat the Lambs they definitely have the advantage in experience;) If the Falcons beat the Lambs I think they can beat the Eagles in Philly:cool:

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Falcons have a very good shot here. Rams, Eagles, Vikings an even New Orleans are all really inexperienced or have no experience at all in the playoffs. 3 of those teams are starting QBs who have never played in a playoff game.

Whereas the Falcons are very experienced from top to bottom. They know what it takes and how to dig deep. They have been digging all year with one of the toughest schedules in the league this year playing a host of playoff teams in regular season from both the NFC and AFC.

Eagles and Rams had really easy divisions this years with NY, Cowboys, San Fran all pretty bad to pedestrian. Meanwhile the NFC South was among if not the toughest overall division.

Plus, the Falcons have been their own worst enemy on offense all year. I actually think Sark has improved over the year varying playcalls but the Falcons have had untimely drops which have led to an almost record INTs off drops for a QB and bad penalties. It has not been the playcalling per se but failure to execute consistently.

All of that to say that if the defense continues to hold teams to 20 points or less, then I think the playoff experienced Falcons with greater focus will be able to pull off a 6 seed run to the SB ala the 2010 Packers and 2012 Giants.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Falcons have a very good shot here. Rams, Eagles, Vikings an even New Orleans are all really inexperienced or have no experience at all in the playoffs. 3 of those teams are starting QBs who have never played in a playoff game.

Whereas the Falcons are very experienced from top to bottom. They know what it takes and how to dig deep. They have been digging all year with one of the toughest schedules in the league this year playing a host of playoff teams in regular season from both the NFC and AFC.

Eagles and Rams had really easy divisions this years with NY, Cowboys, San Fran all pretty bad to pedestrian. Meanwhile the NFC South was among if not the toughest overall division.

Plus, the Falcons have been their own worst enemy on offense all year. I actually think Sark has improved over the year varying playcalls but the Falcons have had untimely drops which have led to an almost record INTs off drops for a QB and bad penalties. It has not been the playcalling per se but failure to execute consistently.

All of that to say that if the defense continues to hold teams to 20 points or less, then I think the playoff experienced Falcons with greater focus will be able to pull off a 6 seed run to the SB ala the 2010 Packers and 2012 Giants.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Milwaukee

Banned
Helluva performance by the D tonight. Gave up 3 crucial 3rd and very longs (10,14, & 15) and Gurley averaged around 10/pop but did a fantastic job taking away Watkins and Kupp and making Goff beat them only by going to Woods.

Helluva call by Sark to Sanu on the late screen as well.

Huge win if they hold on here.