Congrats to KeShun Freeman

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Thanks KF!
What honor you have brought to Ga Tech!
We all know that's Ga Tech will teach you time management.
Congrats to your parents who have obviously taught you to fill the unforgiving minute with 60 seconds of "worthy distance run" (yours is the earth and everything in it).
Wow. Just wow!

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This story needs a lot more attention - especially with all the crimes and sexual assaults by CFB players lately. I think having players and a team with the type of character that Keeshaun exhibits is more important than W's at the end of the day. Not saying we can't have both, but too many programs seem to have consciously chosen to focus on winning at all costs.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Congrats KF!

@Chas_Jacket is right. More attention needs to be paid to stories like this. I know "if it bleeds, it leads" or whatever but no one says negative stories have to be the focus.

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/keshun-freemans-service-recognized-in-prestigious-/nsYzp/
When KeShun Freeman was a boy, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta saved the life of an infant who became his brother and his inspiration. Ever since, the Georgia Tech defensive end has been steadfast in living a life of service, becoming an example to his teammates and the school community.

His devotion was recognized Thursday, when he was named to the Allstate AFCA Good Works Team, a prestigious award that honors college athletes for their community service. Freeman is one of just 12 FBS players out of roughly 13,000 who compete at that level to receive the commendation.

“I am not surprised that KeShun is the recipient of this outstanding award,” team chaplain Derrick Moore said. “You can’t have a good works team without KeShun Freeman.”