Congrats from an Eagle

thwgjacket

The realization of today is that Georgia Southern has as much D1 talent as our team that has been playing at that level for its entire history.
If you couldn't watch the game and realize that no player on that field has as high a ceiling as JT has then that profile picture suits you perfectly.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
If you couldn't watch the game and realize that no player on that field has as high a ceiling as JT has then that profile picture suits you perfectly.
Don't know who or what you are responding to (love the ignore feature) but just to quibble with you I have to add in Deandre Smelter's ceiling . . . it is a pretty darn vaulted one.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
'Cause Vegas is always accurate.

Carry on indeed...

Sorry, I guess my point was unclear. Your post suggested that expecting a 20+ margin of victory was the result of unreasonable GT FANS undervaluing their opponents.

My point was NOT that Vegas is always accurate but that their lines are not the result irrational gold colored glasses. The Vegas line refutes your rebuke of GT fans.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, I guess my point was unclear. Your post suggested that expecting a 20+ margin of victory was the result of unreasonable GT FANS undervaluing their opponents.

My point was NOT that Vegas is always accurate but that their lines are not the result irrational gold colored glasses. The Vegas line refutes your rebuke of GT fans.

LOL. Like always, you do not get the point. If you think Vegas is a barometer on how any fan should feel about the game regardless of whatever shade of the color spectrum their glasses are tinted then as you said...carry on. Yep, Vegas lines don't move because of irrationality.

:CUE: usual @AE 87 attempts at insults and condescension...

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
LOL. Like always, you do not get the point. If you think Vegas is a barometer on how any fan should feel about the game regardless of whatever shade of the color spectrum their glasses are tinted then as you said...carry on. Yep, Vegas lines don't move because of irrationality.

:CUE: usual @AE 87 attempts at insults and condescension...

Don't try and make this personal. Don't try and make me say something I'm not saying.

I'm not being condescending. I'm trying to explain more clearly a point that I have not yet communicated clearly enough for you to understand. I'll try again:
1. Vegas sets its lines without ref to fan bias
2. Some fans expected a similar spread
3. Therefore, it does not follow that those fans relied on fan bias.

That's it. I'm not saying Vegas is always right. I'm not saying fans should base their views on what Vegas is saying. I'm not even saying that there were not good reasons for expecting a close game. I'm saying that those who thought the 1st half performance could have shown up in the second as well were not just biased fans.

I hope that helps.