Congrats from an Eagle

chiefGS275

Georgia Tech Fan
I tell you, I thought we were gonna get blown out after the first half, then I wanted the win so bad. Defeat sucks, but you guys earned it. Justin Thomas led your team down the field to win it. Great game by your guys to overcome all the adversity in the second half. Our guys will learn eventually.

I was in school at Southern when PJ was the coach so I've always pulled for him to be successful, just because everyone said he couldn't. I'll be pulling for you guys this season. Especially against ugag.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
As GS builds more depth and get acclimated to the new offense... They are gonna.be very tough to beat. Honestly, both teams deserved to win today. I know that sounds dumb but... GT played so poorly in the 2nd half... they dont deserve the elation of a W. Im glad we fought through adversity and pulled it out though. Hats off to the Eagles... Had the whole stadium biting their nails. It was strange to see the opposition making the halftime adjustments needed to win a ballgame, thats usually our MO. Hope that both teams learn alot from this game. Good luck the rest of the year.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am a lifelong GT fan. For the first time ever, I was slightly disappointed that the visiting team lost. Great effort from your team and coaches. And to comeback from 25 down speaks volumes about their character.We were very, very, very fortunate to win. Those looked liked two evenly matched teams out there talent wise. Which I think bodes well for GSU for the remainder of their season.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I tell you, I thought we were gonna get blown out after the first half, then I wanted the win so bad. Defeat sucks, but you guys earned it. Justin Thomas led your team down the field to win it. Great game by your guys to overcome all the adversity in the second half. Our guys will learn eventually.

I was in school at Southern when PJ was the coach so I've always pulled for him to be successful, just because everyone said he couldn't. I'll be pulling for you guys this season. Especially against ugag.

JT certainly is going to be very good in this offense.
Ellison already is in his. Kid's a baller. I like Upshaw too and today was the first time I got to see a lot of him (didn't see all of the NC State game and I've been to trainwrecks, so I didn't need to see the Savannah State game). Don't get why Upshaw was in at the end and not Ellison. Ellison's the horse. Got to ride him in that situation. Other than that, I thought Fritz did a hell of a job today.
With a mostly favorable Sun Belt schedule (no La-La, who got dumptrucked by La Tech and is getting housed by Ole Miss) and no Arky State, Eagles could conceivably run the table in year one.

chiefGS275

Georgia Tech Fan
I read that Ellison was injured so that's why he wasn't in at the end. He's had a shoulder injury dating back to last season.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Anyone who says our guys didn't deserve to win after that gutsy last drive can go cheer for that puppy dog school in Athens
Being cocky and coming out of half thinking the ballgame was over was a mental mistake. Big time. The O couldnt do anything, and the D might as well have stayed in the locker room, it wouldnt have made much difference. Im a GT fan until the day I die, but I know when I see a team that wants it more than the other. GT manned up on the last drive and pulled it out, which im thankful for. But if were being.honest... we have nothing to be cocky about... YET .

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Being cocky and coming out of half thinking the ballgame was over was a mental mistake. Big time. The O couldnt do anything, and the D might as well have stayed in the locker room, it wouldnt have made much difference. Im a GT fan until the day I die, but I know when I see a team that wants it more than the other. GT manned up on the last drive and pulled it out, which im thankful for. But if were being.honest... we have nothing to be cocky about... YET .

I honestly don't think anyone's feeling cocky. But that last drive was a huge shot in the arm for this team imo

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Good game eagle. Trade you three of our DL guys who transferred out for 92 Mr. battle DT?
Hope his injury on ankle is minor. He is a warrior on a good team.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Yep. Nagging shoulder. Had to go with Upshaw.

Aside from the bad decision late, there is nothing wrong with Upshaw in at QB. His arm is stronger than I expected.
Still would love to see what LA could do at QB, but ... there's enough QBs already.
Hope Fritz figures out something to do with Youtube.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck

1. You're a classy guy
2. You guys are going to destroy people in your conference this year. Great head coach.

Old School

Jolly Good Fellow
The fact is, you can't sleepwalk through these types of games anymore. There's just too much talent and good coaching out there. I mean, as I'm posting BC is getting ready to beat USC. We did look sharp in that first half and Thomas looks like a perfect fit for this O. We're 3-0, can't be any better!

str8shooter

Georgia Tech Fan
And that totally horrible NC State team you guys laughed about that beat GS by one point is also 3-0 after blasting USF in Tampa 49-17.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
And that totally horrible NC State team you guys laughed about that beat GS by one point is also 3-0 after blasting USF in Tampa 49-17.

The lesson this week is that a school's fanbase has a hard time looking at their own team and making an objective judgement.

WAAAY too many GT fans thought we were going to walk all over GSU and win by 20+ points. Too much credit was given to GT for our less than impressive wins against an out manned Wofford and Tulane teams, and not enough credit was given to GSU for their showing against NC State and historical throttling of an admittedly terrible Savannah State team.

GSU has always gotten the "best of the rest" talent in GA that doesn't go off to a Power 5 school...and they have even gotten their share of some Power 5 talent that decided GSU was a better place to go for them. Put that together with a very good new coach with a great offensive scheme and it's going to spell trouble for opponents who don't come to play. GSU is going to make a lot of noise on this level once they cycle in Power 5 recruits.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The lesson this week is that a school's fanbase has a hard time looking at their own team and making an objective judgement.

WAAAY too many GT fans thought we were going to walk all over GSU and win by 20+ points. Too much credit was given to GT for our less than impressive wins against an out manned Wofford and Tulane teams, and not enough credit was given to GSU for their showing against NC State and historical throttling of an admittedly terrible Savannah State team.

GSU has always gotten the "best of the rest" talent in GA that doesn't go off to a Power 5 school...and they have even gotten their share of some Power 5 talent that decided GSU was a better place to go for them. Put that together with a very good new coach with a great offensive scheme and it's going to spell trouble for opponents who don't come to play. GSU is going to make a lot of noise on this level once they cycle in Power 5 recruits.

The Vegas line for most of the week was 20+
Carry on.