Confirmed Interviews

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
I posted some links about the air raid in another thread. Texas Tech has a *rich* history with it, and Kittley can follow in the footsteps of some very successful coaches.

Why turn that down to come to GT which has never ran the air raid and whom you can't even bring your own offensive staff?

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think this swing and miss says much about GT.

Texas Tech just finished 6-6, but fired their coach and hired a new one. That staff should have a few years to build things. As others said Kittley is from there, family lives there, graduated from there, coached there for five years and his dad coaches there. WKU is his first experience outside Texas. He knows Texas, Texas recruiting and TT historically has run a similar offense. Success there has springboarded other OCs to Big12 HC jobs.

Georgia Tech just finished 3-9 (again), our coach is on a very hot seat, Kittley doesn't know GA recruiting, and we're still purportedly transitioning from a flexbone offense. If the coaches are not successful next year (and they're not set up to be). They're probably getting fired. He's an up-and-comer, a bad move could derail his career.

Kittley would be crazy to come here when his alma mater has a better situation to offer. Even if GT offered more money.

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
Makes me feel a lot better than Kittley went to TT and that his father is a coach there. But if this was all things equal and we lost a coach to TT that tells you all need to know about the status of our program at the moment. The comment above was made before i found out he was a TT alum

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer

A little intro to Chip Long offense. Imo, this makes sense as we were trying(and mostly failing) at a lot of these concepts already. Shouldn’t be a big bridge to cross as far as concepts and strategy

I think if he is the guy, we will be looking at Hs level and transfer for another TE. We have three there and I think Coco will be moved into an H-back role. Lots of motion and use of TE in this offense. We will need at least 4, and more in case of injury.

Lot of pulling G action where we will be youngish. I do like that guys like Pendley and Vailupu are mobile guards.

RPO and short passing emphasis indicates we may need to look portal for another signal caller to push the current roster.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

A little intro to Chip Long offense. Imo, this makes sense as we were trying(and mostly failing) at a lot of these concepts already. Shouldn’t be a big bridge to cross as far as concepts and strategy

I think if he is the guy, we will be looking at Hs level and transfer for another TE. We have three there and I think Coco will be moved into an H-back role. Lots of motion and use of TE in this offense. We will need at least 4, and more in case of injury.

Lot of pulling G action where we will be youngish. I do like that guys like Pendley and Vailupu are mobile guards.

RPO and short passing emphasis indicates we may need to look portal for another signal caller to push the current roster.

The more I've researched, the more I like Chip Long. He's not the flashy name but he's definitely had success in the past.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The more I've researched, the more I like Chip Long. He's not the flashy name but he's definitely had success in the past.
They all get prettier at closing time.
Just kidding - i have not researched the "group of coaches willing to come here with our $ limit and program stability . Will play off what u say

From his days coaching in East Texas my son knows the UTSA coaches. Their head coach dominated 3a/4a . He won games by training up and out game day coaching .
He has taken utsa to great season using same method. Just beat kinckly / western kentucky even though WK had 577 yds passing . Jeff Traylor used strong run game and Smart defense to hold WK back.
Guy to watch if we are still broke hiring next year.