Confirmed Interviews

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to open this thread for reporting on and discussion of CONFIRMED interviews only.

Other threads discuss possible candidates; this thread is for conversation about ACTUAL candidates only.

Of course, everything may be kept under wraps until the announcement, but who knows? FACTS may leak out hear there. So, if you have it on good authority that someone was interviewed, please share it.

I look forward to reading what others may post.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The only thing I've seen that's actually been confirmed was that we reached out to Godsey but nothing came of it for one reason or another. Everything else seems to just be speculation.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Anyone have thoughts on Lindsey or Long? I know Lindsey was at Auburn and then just got fired at Troy. Reputations? Results? Again, can't be much worse than what we've had the last three years.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Anyone have thoughts on Lindsey or Long? I know Lindsey was at Auburn and then just got fired at Troy. Reputations? Results? Again, can't be much worse than what we've had the last three years.
I'm liking what I read about Lindsey. Solid resume as a QB coach, OC, and recruiter:

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
"Lindsey’s offenses, on the other hand, have been much more pass-heavy, even employing some of the Air Raid philosophies made famous by Washington State head coach Mike Leach when he was at Texas Tech."

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Why in the world would Long be the front runner? Did anybody in the Athletic Department even research his offense this past year with Tulane? Seriously, it was atrocious...

And his offense at Notre Dame made the playoffs. The reality is probably in between. You can't just look at one data point. Maybe he was a bad fit for Fritz. What kind of players did he have to work with? His track record overall is solid.