Complimentary Article About Parker Braun On AJC

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Did I title this correctly? :)

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...-motor-out-this-world/D7zS2kEtr9mKhf4DNrF0DL/

I don’t know why it bothers me so much, but amidst all the positive comments I don’t like CPJs comment that “he’s a little small”. Why even say that? Be a relentlessly positive salesman for your guys man! He needs to get lunch more with CJP.

Probably how he talks to NFL scouts. If he says that a player is tall, heavy, quick, fast, etc.. They will absolutely know if those items are true or not when they measure him. The scouts will also ask questions about non-measurables like work ethic, aptitude, grounding, responsibility, etc... If a coach says a player is built like a prototypical NFL lineman, but he measures below that, why would the scouts believe anything about the non-measurables? Honesty seems to be the best policy. If a coach lies about measurables, they will find out. If a coach lies about the other things, they probably will find out eventually and will not trust the coach any further. Then he won't be able to help any of his players.

EDIT: I also think it is a statement about his performance and work-ethic. He is smaller than most linemen in the ACC, but he is able to perform as well as most and better than many of the larger guys.

Deleted member 2897

Probably how he talks to NFL scouts. If he says that a player is tall, heavy, quick, fast, etc.. They will absolutely know if those items are true or not when they measure him. The scouts will also ask questions about non-measurables like work ethic, aptitude, grounding, responsibility, etc... If a coach says a player is built like a prototypical NFL lineman, but he measures below that, why would the scouts believe anything about the non-measurables? Honesty seems to be the best policy. If a coach lies about measurables, they will find out. If a coach lies about the other things, they probably will find out eventually and will not trust the coach any further. Then he won't be able to help any of his players.

EDIT: I also think it is a statement about his performance and work-ethic. He is smaller than most linemen in the ACC, but he is able to perform as well as most and better than many of the larger guys.

I would say just leave it out - nobody asked him about Parker’s size. Just say he’ll probably get drafted and etc etc and leave it at that.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...-motor-out-this-world/D7zS2kEtr9mKhf4DNrF0DL/

I don’t know why it bothers me so much, but amidst all the positive comments I don’t like CPJs comment that “he’s a little small”. Why even say that? Be a relentlessly positive salesman for your guys man! He needs to get lunch more with CJP.
On rivals it shows that at mid pointv he has played 450 plus downs. Why Morgan diesnt spell him more is crazy. He is so agile , I think he would be an all world tackle in our system.

Coachbraun72

Georgia Tech Fan
It is absolutely 100% right to say he’s a little small. When I used to field offers from Coaches I would say you sure? He’s not as big as you think. Had couple of teams decided against him cause of size. You want the film to be his DNA (CPJ quote) and not to let the things u can’t control get in the way. You can’t fool them, if they have a plan to use him they will.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
It is absolutely 100% right to say he’s a little small. When I used to field offers from Coaches I would say you sure? He’s not as big as you think. Had couple of teams decided against him cause of size. You want the film to be his DNA (CPJ quote) and not to let the things u can’t control get in the way. You can’t fool them, if they have a plan to use him they will.
Do we have a shot at a hat trick? (a third Braun on the flats)

Milwaukee

Banned
Is there a chance in Hades we get his little brother the 5 star? These are the types of recruits we need. I remember Adam Choice didn't even look at us, unfortunately.

I think this is a much bigger deal than a lot are making it out to be. If this blue chip comes here we have major momentum for other recruits. If he doesn't wanna come play here it's indicative of a lot of stuff we don't wanna talk about imo.

Come on Braun, we need you and you can get a great degree. That's my Xmas wish this year.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Is there a chance in Hades we get his little brother the 5 star? These are the types of recruits we need. I remember Adam Choice didn't even look at us, unfortunately.

I think this is a much bigger deal than a lot are making it out to be. If this blue chip comes here we have major momentum for other recruits. If he doesn't wanna come play here it's indicative of a lot of stuff we don't wanna talk about imo.

Come on Braun, we need you and you can get a great degree. That's my Xmas wish this year.
I agree he would be a huge get, but not all siblings are wired the same. He could have completely different academic interests or none at all. Some younger brothers simply want to make a name for themselves by not following in their big brother’s footsteps. That said, who knows, but I do know that legacy is not nearly as advantageous as it used to be.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I agree he would be a huge get, but not all siblings are wired the same. He could have completely different academic interests or none at all. Some younger brothers simply want to make a name for themselves by not following in their big brother’s footsteps. That said, who knows, but I do know that legacy is not nearly as advantageous as it used to be.
1. Did big brother get gt mba? I know he got ME But know he likes business.
2. Parker is getting b a and could be on track to graduate early. Maybe he could get mba.
3 big baby Brother might like business too.

That would be the ultimate gt gtaa hat trick.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
1. Did big brother get gt mba? I know he got ME But know he likes business.
2. Parker is getting b a and could be on track to graduate early. Maybe he could get mba.
3 big baby Brother might like business too.

That would be the ultimate gt gtaa hat trick.
Would love to see him at Tech but right now I think UF may be in the lead. not sure who is doing his recruiting.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Sigh. You realize the quote is without context don’t you? You think maybe the quote comes from a direct question? Likely one about how the NFL will appraise him?

And he is small compared to most pro OL prospects. He also has very little bad weight and is still packing on good weight. But if looking at measureables alone he’s a bit undersized.

Why do people have to pick apart every tiny little thing and try and make negatives out of them? CPJ has been effusive in his praise of Braun since he began to start. Pretty sure he said early on he wished he had fifty just like him. (Or words very close to that)

Braun will play on Sundays. I have little doubt and I worry actually that he might leave early to do so.