Commitment

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I get depressed when I see these things.

“The Process” was great and gave insight on our program and who CPJ really is as a person

Can we bring it back because this is a great recruiting tool.

IIRC, the NCAA did not approve our "The Process" series.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
This is what we are up against.

Facilities. Staff. Faculty support. Gulliver vs Lilliputians.
You talk like this is absolutely unsurmountable. We beat these guys regularly until the infamous "two straight up there" seasons. There's nothing special about what they are up to and we can get our own back with some effort.

There are some things Tech can't do that they can. And vice versa. Let's let the new regime work on this a couple of years.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You talk like this is absolutely unsurmountable. We beat these guys regularly until the infamous "two straight up there" seasons. There's nothing special about what they are up to and we can get our own back with some effort.

There are some things Tech can't do that they can. And vice versa. Let's let the new regime work on this a couple of years.

What I’m saying is they have raised their efforts to a pretty obscene amount in the last few years. We have not. We succeed as much as we do by identifying young men who seek a program and challenge with more depth but less flash.

And there are definite benefits from that. But attracting typical elite ball players is not one of those benefits.

Deleted member 2897

Schools like Clemson basically run an adult day care center. More investment and better facilities would indeed be nice, but some of this borders on insanity. They might as well be at a resort in the Caribbean with no school pressure, just playing video games and going down the water slides in between practices and massages.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I get depressed when I see these things.

“The Process” was great and gave insight on our program and who CPJ really is as a person

Can we bring it back because this is a great recruiting tool.

"Don't get mad (or in your case depressed) get even". Maximize what we offer, identify young men early on that will respond to our unique blend of challenges and opportunities and recruit the living hell out of them 24-7. We need more resources devoted solely to recruiting to be able to do this. Which is where the "commitment" part comes in. Clemson is seeking to enhance its educational reputation so that the school will be one that the football team can be proud of. Just the opposite of course from what it should be.

Deleted member 2897

Why? I don't give a crap what our guys choose to do after leaving college.

Some will succeed beyond imagination, some will fail.

Up to them. That is real life.

I want them to win while here. That is why they play the game.

Life gives no guarantees.

I think you missed the point in the difference in the value of degrees.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
This is can’t be our retort for every non GT football related topic. Yeah, we have high character that often do well out of school, but we are not winning right now like we should be.

There is so much we can do with the little we have.
Replace the Peters parking deck next to the stadium with a 55 million dollar Football Only resort. Add a slide and putt-putt. Add a few majors to attract players who only want a path to the NFL. Free passes to the Chettah. I have lots of great ideals ;).

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Why? I don't give a crap what our guys choose to do after leaving college.

Some will succeed beyond imagination, some will fail.

Up to them. That is real life.

I want them to win while here. That is why they play the game.

Life gives no guarantees.
The sales pitch here is "use football don't let football use you". Not play video games for 3 years. GT has to sell what it has to sell and its not a 3 year football only party. I give a crap what happens to these kids after college. Part of the GT message is that the ones that stick it out are at least prepared for success. No one picks GT if they are only interested in playing football for 3 to 4 years. College should not be the best thing accomplished in life. Many who are factory kids better enjoy having their asses kissed for 4 years. Not many big boy slides in the real world. GT players want to win while here, more than anyone watching the games wants them to win.

Last edited: