Comment on

alagold

Helluva Engineer
the level of success that JP has had in '17 (for next season) in recruiting (assuming we are done) ,maybe on a 1-10 scale.I would be curious on what you folks think?

Connor

Georgia Tech Fan
6 with a chance to blossom into a 7.5 or 8.

Alvarado, CGB, or Cole hopefully could pull an Okogie... but maybe further down the road.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Probably 6 in my opinion. I wanted to land 1 big 4 or 5 star since recruiting is his specialty, but I think it will come later. I hope the coaching staff can pull off another great coaching job this year.

Deleted member 2897

I think there are 2 answers:
1) Raw
2) Graded on a curve

Raw I'd say a 5.5 out of 10. Graded on a curve I'd say 8.5 out of 10. He's only been here 1 year and had no assistant coaches in place for a few months even after that. So he missed out on all of last spring and hadn't really had any data to show recruits what he was capable of until many of them had already committed. He also didn't really have much time to start building relationships with kids and coaches yet. I still think next year is a bit early. But if we can break 20 wins again and show some potential, we might be able to land our first 1 or 2 high 4* kids. I think 2019 could be a really good year if we break 20 wins again and then maybe 23-25 in 2018.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Mediocre overall. Alvarado and Heywood were good solid early gets at a time we didn't have much to sell to recruits. A bit disappointing that the on the court success during ACC play didn't transition to more immediate success on recruiting for next year, but it's not unexpected.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
ManUp!

#LateStart #Process

(FWIW: not as good as CBG first year)

Initially, with star ratings, sure.

But of we bring these four through all the way without and OUI, a Transfer, and one being a complete jack wagon, Pastner First Class > BG First class

We got MGH out of BGs class and that's about it.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Initially, with star ratings, sure.

But of we bring these four through all the way without and OUI, a Transfer, and one being a complete jack wagon, Pastner First Class > BG First class

We got MGH out of BGs class and that's about it.

No doubt. Question is about recruiting not coaching up or game coaching.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'll take CJPs class

Hindsight is 20-20
BGs first class produced zero NCAAT tourney births

LOL

To be clear, your point is that making the ncaa tournament has nothing to do with schemes, in game coaching, nor player development?

Smdh

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
LOL

To be clear, your point is that making the ncaa tournament has nothing to do with schemes, in game coaching, nor player development?

Smdh
How do you recognize a class without witnessing what they accomplished while not taking into account the coaching? Am I to judge the BGs first class by speculating what they would have done under Cremins?

If success in CBB is judged by NCAAT records that class failed therefor I would say I'll take this current recruiting class

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Mediocre overall. Alvarado and Heywood were good solid early gets at a time we didn't have much to sell to recruits. A bit disappointing that the on the court success during ACC play didn't transition to more immediate success on recruiting for next year, but it's not unexpected.

Mediocre? Cmon brah...I know it's a hard concept for some to comprehend, but you don't win recruiting battles based on what you did in a 2-3 month period, when other schools have been in on a kid for 2-3 years.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He needs to recruit a couple of bigs next year that can score. We will need them in 2019. Cole looks like he could be a real good pickup. Has height and video looks like he can shoot.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Mediocre? Cmon brah...I know it's a hard concept for some to comprehend, but you don't win recruiting battles based on what you did in a 2-3 month period, when other schools have been in on a kid for 2-3 years.

Just because there is a good reason for it doesn't make it more of a success.