Combine?

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Plenty of "upper-tier" 3 star guys (and even the occasional 2 star guys) that will become NFL stars.....But, unfortunately, I don't believe we are getting enough of the "upper-tier" versions, especially on the DL....
If Kallon gets right and gets invited to the combine, I could see him showing out.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Plenty of "upper-tier" 3 star guys (and even the occasional 2 star guys) that will become NFL stars.....But, unfortunately, I don't believe we are getting enough of the "upper-tier" versions, especially on the DL....

Kallon, Gamble, Atkins, Commissioning, Robbins, Freeman, etc all for 3*

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Here is what the grading of Jemea looks like (for S and DB):

Overview
Started all 27 games last 2 seasons. 2013: Started all 13 games. Led team with 88 tackles, 8 PBU. Tied for team lead with 2 INTs. 2012: Started all 14 games. Led team in INT (4). 2011: Played in all 13 games, starting 2. Tied for team lead with 3 INTs. Returned 3 punts (10.3 yards per return). 2010: Redshirted. 2009: Served as backup to Morgan Burnett (Packers) at rover position. High School: Class AA first-team all-state selection in Georgia.
Analysis
Strengths
Very strong pound-for-pound. Sacrifices his body and shows up well in the run game. Takes good angles and understands run-game fits. Carries a very quiet confidence. Mentally and physically tough and seeks contact. Good short-area zone awareness -- is best moving forward and reacting to the thrown ball in front of him. Experienced, four-year starter. Commands respect from teammates. Very durable and has played through injuries and never missed any time. Hardworking and accountable.
Weaknesses
Is stiff-hipped, short-armed and undersized with a frame that looks maxed out at less than 200 pounds. Gives up some ground and allows separation in man coverage vs. quickness. Easily mismatched by size vs. tight ends. Average range -- lacks desirable length and fluidity to patrol the back end. Hands are iffy. Regarded by some teams as too much of a tweener.
Bottom Line
A tough, downhill box safety who plays bigger than his size. Hip inflexibility could relegate him to a situational nickel-safety role initially, yet possesses the toughness, competitiveness and football temperament to earn his way onto the field.

Overall grade 5.15. Only saw two or three players over 6 with most of the top performers in the 5 - 6 range total grade.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
OBTW he ran a 4.55 ; lifted 19 bench; had a 37 inch vertical and 125 inch broadjump.
I don't think he helped himself any there. I agree with the assessment of him looking to be a nickleback which this day and age isn't a bad thing at all. A lot of teams play nickle a decent amount so he will see a good amount of PT. He tackles great so he could fill in close to the line and even blitz every now and then. He won't have to worry about getting beat deep and could be a pretty good ball hawk. I can see him playing a role similar to Tyrann Mathieu last year. Maybe not right away but in a year or two.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Kallon, Gamble, Atkins, Commissioning, Robbins, Freeman, etc all for 3*

All have yet to prove themselves.

Lots of potential there, atleast according to practice reports (and we all know how that goes), but as for doing it against another team...To be determined.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Here is what the grading of Jemea looks like (for S and DB):

Overview
Started all 27 games last 2 seasons. 2013: Started all 13 games. Led team with 88 tackles, 8 PBU. Tied for team lead with 2 INTs. 2012: Started all 14 games. Led team in INT (4). 2011: Played in all 13 games, starting 2. Tied for team lead with 3 INTs. Returned 3 punts (10.3 yards per return). 2010: Redshirted. 2009: Served as backup to Morgan Burnett (Packers) at rover position. High School: Class AA first-team all-state selection in Georgia.
Analysis
Strengths
Very strong pound-for-pound. Sacrifices his body and shows up well in the run game. Takes good angles and understands run-game fits. Carries a very quiet confidence. Mentally and physically tough and seeks contact. Good short-area zone awareness -- is best moving forward and reacting to the thrown ball in front of him. Experienced, four-year starter. Commands respect from teammates. Very durable and has played through injuries and never missed any time. Hardworking and accountable.
Weaknesses
Is stiff-hipped, short-armed and undersized with a frame that looks maxed out at less than 200 pounds. Gives up some ground and allows separation in man coverage vs. quickness. Easily mismatched by size vs. tight ends. Average range -- lacks desirable length and fluidity to patrol the back end. Hands are iffy. Regarded by some teams as too much of a tweener.
Bottom Line
A tough, downhill box safety who plays bigger than his size. Hip inflexibility could relegate him to a situational nickel-safety role initially, yet possesses the toughness, competitiveness and football temperament to earn his way onto the field.

Overall grade 5.15. Only saw two or three players over 6 with most of the top performers in the 5 - 6 range total grade.

Short armed? I believe he measured the same wing span as Jeremiah Attaochou at the Senior Bowl...and JA is 6'3! I pretty much agree with everything else.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
All have yet to prove themselves.

Lots of potential there, atleast according to practice reports (and we all know how that goes), but as for doing it against another team...To be determined.

Didn't say anything about anyone proving themselves yet...just saying they are all rated near Donald out of HS.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Short armed? I believe he measured the same wing span as Jeremiah Attaochou at the Senior Bowl...and JA is 6'3! I pretty much agree with everything else.

Measured in at 30 5/8th at combine...three inches shorter than Senior bowl.