Combine?

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
[qte="GaTech4ever, post: 35919, member: 660"]NFL scouts look at that game and see that he got thrown around on 1, twice against NFL- quality players. Now I'm not diminishing his performance, but his yards were partly a product of the scheme (just as Tevin's were), which he will not be playing in ever again. But he will have to go 1 on 1 against NFL players again if he makes it.

So I think that's why they can glance over the 110 yards and instead see what happens when he's in a situation that would be duplicated in an NFL game (going 1 on 1 with Jones/Ogletree). The 110 yards were partly a result of an offense that isn't used in the NFL. Just my opinion.[/quote]
I hate to further derail this thread into a debate over Godhigh, but it's not like the 110 yards in the UGA game was his only good game against top competition. I know most people probably like to pretend the Clemson game never happened this year but against their NFL laden defense RG had 17 touches for 229 yards and 2 TDs (not that you would have any clue if you saw the Sportscenter highlights...they chose to ignore his monster effort). That wasn't all scheme, either, he broke tackles and made things happen on his own. But thats ok, you just keep on judging the dude based on 2 illegal plays from 15 months ago.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Aaron Donald, DT from Pitt, ran a 4.65 40 unofficial....wow, how can you be that big and that fast? We needs us some big nasties with motors!! Yes we do...

Oh yeah, did I mention he did 35 bench reps? MONSTER
This kid passed the eye test early against us. I think hes a must have for alot of teams in this draft. Interior lineman like that are hard to find. Probably the best ive seen since Suh. Wonder how early he goes with his great showing at the combine.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I dont care about his character. You dont naturally get that big, fast, and strong. Hes worked his butt off to get in that shape and to be that good at 20 yrs old. If he drops to the Falcons they better not pass on him for anybody but the Auburn Olineman

Not sold on Robinson ability to pass block since he didn't do it much (same issue with GT OLineman). Falcons have to get a pass rusher at 6. I would be scared out of my mind to put a young OLineman with that terrible group unless it was Matthews

Tech First

Jolly Good Fellow
Guys who translated well to the NFL were usually stud players for our team. Megatron, BeyBey, Dwyer, Morgan Burnett, Andrew Gardner, Philip Wheeler, Derrick Morgan, Tashard Choice, etc.

It doesn't have to be either/or. You can have your cake and eat it too in that regard. One of the big reasons recruiting was building momentum towards the end of Gailey's tenure was because he had a proven track record of developing and putting guys into the NFL. I would say the ability to develop and put guys into the NFL is just as important as winning when it comes to recruiting.
You are on the money.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I think Robinson is getting too much hype...Matthews is way better in my mind.

Hype is gonna happen especially with that combine performance. But he is a mauler and for a team that wants to run he'd be perfect.

Arkfbplayer52

Georgia Tech Fan
Does anyone think Dee Ford is actually better then Attaochu? I still like Attaochu more then Ford/Van Noy/Michael Sam.

Dee Ford is a much better player than Attaochu as a pure pass rusher.

If you watched the Senior Bowl he dominated.

Ford's first step as an edge pass rusher is one of the best I've seen since Freeney was at the Cuse.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Only thing more extreme (impressive) than Ford at senior bowl was the extremely pitiful performance of the acc qb's.
After watching them over through, under through, throw wide by a wide margin, I wonder how much drop off we will see next year (Clem, Vt, Mi). The Williams kid from vandy runs crisp routes. Attachou looked like a superior athlete - was getting better each play but got injured .

GaTechYellowJackets

Georgia Tech Fan
[qte="GaTech4ever, post: 35919, member: 660"]NFL scouts look at that game and see that he got thrown around on 1, twice against NFL- quality players. Now I'm not diminishing his performance, but his yards were partly a product of the scheme (just as Tevin's were), which he will not be playing in ever again. But he will have to go 1 on 1 against NFL players again if he makes it.

So I think that's why they can glance over the 110 yards and instead see what happens when he's in a situation that would be duplicated in an NFL game (going 1 on 1 with Jones/Ogletree). The 110 yards were partly a result of an offense that isn't used in the NFL. Just my opinion.
I hate to further derail this thread into a debate over Godhigh, but it's not like the 110 yards in the UGA game was his only good game against top competition. I know most people probably like to pretend the Clemson game never happened this year but against their NFL laden defense RG had 17 touches for 229 yards and 2 TDs (not that you would have any clue if you saw the Sportscenter highlights...they chose to ignore his monster effort). That wasn't all scheme, either, he broke tackles and made things happen on his own. But thats ok, you just keep on judging the dude based on 2 illegal plays from 15 months ago.[/quote]

Wait Clemson has a NFL laden defense? I would hardly call it that. I'm not trying to belittle RG's performance but don't overhype it. His change of direction speed is ridiculous. Personally I think that alone could make him a good back in the NFL but he definitely won't be the type of back that scores 50-99 yard touchdowns. He's just not fast enough.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Saw ted Hendricks - reminds me of the game in 68 when we were running to right and he intercepted the pitch - wrong thread.