Combine?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Guys who translated well to the NFL were usually stud players for our team. Megatron, BeyBey, Dwyer, Morgan Burnett, Andrew Gardner, Philip Wheeler, Derrick Morgan, Tashard Choice, etc.

It doesn't have to be either/or. You can have your cake and eat it too in that regard. One of the big reasons recruiting was building momentum towards the end of Gailey's tenure was because he had a proven track record of developing and putting guys into the NFL. I would say the ability to develop and put guys into the NFL is just as important as winning when it comes to recruiting.
My point is that our players skills need to translate to us, not the NFL, imo. Any overlap is fine and dandy, but it's just icing on the cake. Godhigh was a stud for us and I doesn't mean beans if he never plays a snap in the NFL. I think its great that our offense allows guys with non-NFL skill sets to have great success. That's the whole point of getting Johnson here in the first place.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
My point is that our players skills need to translate to us, not the NFL, imo. Any overlap is fine and dandy, but it's just icing on the cake. Godhigh was a stud for us and I doesn't mean beans if he never plays a snap in the NFL. I think its great that our offense allows guys with non-NFL skill sets to have great success. That's the whole point of getting Johnson here in the first place.

Just a suggestion. In the future, if you don't care to discuss how our players' skills translate to the NFL, stay away from threads titled "Combine?"

I will be pleasantly (and highly) surprised if Robbie gets drafted. Hoping he can get a FA invite somewhere. I think if someone takes a chance on him, he will earn his spot like he did at GT.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Why anybody would draw conclusions of any kind about RG after getting body slammed by Ogletree in the UGA game a couple years ago is beyond me. That kind of thing could happen to any back in that situation. It was just a penalty for unnecessary roughness that wasn't called. It means jack squat about his ability, or inability, to play against NFL talent. If defenders were inclined to do that kind of thing, they could do it 20 times per game.

yellowRambler

Jolly Good Fellow
Jemea's arm length at senior bowl measured a massive 33 5/8 inches. At NFL combine it measured 30 5/8 inches. 3 inches for arm length is huge. Who messed up?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Manziel is a first round lock.

Eric, you may well be right but man his numbers are just not there and we all know how much the NFL is a numbers driven league. He does seem to have the intangibles but I'm not sure as a GM I would bet my future on him given some of the perceived character issues and the mediocre measureables. But well shall see ;)

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Eric, you may well be right but man his numbers are just not there and we all know how much the NFL is a numbers driven league. He does seem to have the intangibles but I'm not sure as a GM I would bet my future on him given some of the perceived character issues and the mediocre measureables. But well shall see ;)

Fwiw his camp was expecting around a 4.6 40...Manziel is more quick than fast.

They think he is going to kill 3 cone drill today.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Saturday, Feb. 22
2014 NFL Scouting Combine Workouts: Kickers, Offensive Linemen & Tight Ends, 9 a.m. ET (LIVE). Encores at 4 p.m. ET, 9 p.m. ET & midnight ET.
Sunday, Feb. 23
2014 NFL Scouting Combine Workouts: Running Backs, Quarterbacks & Wide Receivers, 9 a.m. ET (LIVE). Encores at 4 p.m. ET, 9 p.m. ET & midnight ET.
Monday, Feb. 24
2014 NFL Scouting Combine Workouts: Linebackers & Defensive Linemen, 9 a.m. ET (LIVE). Encores at 3 p.m. ET, 9 p.m. ET & midnight ET.
Tuesday, Feb. 25
2014 NFL Scouting Combine Workouts: Defensive Backs, 9 a.m. ET (LIVE). Encores at 2 p.m. ET, 9 p.m. ET & midnight ET