Collins start recruiting Justin Fields.....

Milwaukee

Banned
JT says Hi!?!

There's really no right or wrong answer with both of these guys. My personal list goes Nesbitt 1 and JT 2 simply cause JF'nN won a title. The title is much more impressive and important in my eyes over the 14 Orange Bowl. The Orange Bowl now (unless its the correct year with the rotation) isn't very important like it used to be.

Some would take JT's 2 wins over UGA coupled with the Mississippi State game over an ACC Championship. I don't agree with them.

We can agree or disagree about what order they're in but there's no wrong answer really.

Back to Fields now.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That means surrounding him with top talent on a team that is in the top ten year in and year out. I hope with CGC that this narrative applies to GT in the future but let's face it... currently that is not us. It sucks to say, though it is the truth.

I don't know if you need to play QB at the perennial top 5-10 teams year in and year out to make it in the league. I think to play that position at that level, talent is more important than pedigree.. Alabama is known for winning college FB NC's, but none of their guys is taking snaps at the next level.

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know if you need to play QB at the perennial top 5-10 teams year in and year out to make it in the league. I think to play that position at that level, talent is more important than pedigree.. Alabama is known for winning college FB NC's, but none of their guys is taking snaps at the next level.

I agree 100%. I also feel like the best way to get noticed is to go to a school like Tech and build them into a top 10 team (ala Andrew Luck at Stanford). But that’s why I mentioned his parents being in control. They probably don’t see it that way.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I agree 100%. I also feel like the best way to get noticed is to go to a school like Tech and build them into a top 10 team (ala Andrew Luck at Stanford). But that’s why I mentioned his parents being in control. They probably don’t see it that way.
Didn’t a QB make it to the NFL while being a backup his whole career? If you have the measurables and the aptitude, I don’t really think the NFL cares where you played.

Dpjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Dark horse may be Miss State. Joe Moorhead was the OC at PSU when Fields committed there. Moorhead is now Miss State's HC.

I think the horse is us. MSU and Moorhead connection has been talked up already. Not much, if any, about Tech though. Coming here would be statement, with capital “S”, by Fields if he’s interested in being a perhaps a transcendental player in GT history.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think the horse is us. MSU and Moorhead connection has been talked up already. Not much, if any, about Tech though. Coming here would be statement, with capital “S”, by Fields if he’s interested in being a perhaps a transcendental player in GT history.

Fields would immediately change the perception of GT and CGC's program. That would be a statement type get for our program.

Reminds me of Donnie Davis. Had social media and the recruiting services been around back then, that's how big of a get Donnie Davis was for us. He was a Justin Fields level recruit. It's unfortunate that Donnie never really got to QB for Friedgen his entire career.

Kmur5

Georgia Tech Fan
Dream Scenario...
Fields announces decision to transfer to GT, but the next day news breaks that he can’t qualify academically. (Academics Deniers in disbelief!). Fields then transfers to Tennessee where he single-handedly beats the mutts to block them from the SECCG three straight years. (Alabama also works since they’re scheduled in 2020).

Alternative bonus fantasy: Tennessee hires CPJ in 2021 and they win the SEC en route to the National Championship

..... Alternative bonus fantasy add-on: During his year sitting out while transitioning into Tech and/or Tennessee Fields joins my coed kickball team and helps me carry the Cunning Stunts back to league championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dpjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Fields would immediately change the perception of GT and CGC's program. That would be a statement type get for our program.

Reminds me of Donnie Davis. Had social media and the recruiting services been around back then, that's how big of a get Donnie Davis was for us. He was a Justin Fields level recruit. It's unfortunate that Donnie never really got to QB for Friedgen his entire career.

This is true. I remember Donnie Davis name, but couldn’t tell you a thing about him. Getting to memorable (like Joe Ham?) definitely takes more than one move./

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Chicago Bears say "hello!"