Collins says players have 'chip on their shoulder'

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I’m not sure what some of our fans are looking for from the staff. I understand that many of us have soured on CGC, but for now he is still our HC. He has stayed fairly quiet outside the committed press activities a HC must complete.

In those appearances he is talking about work ethic, drive to be focused on improvement and an understanding / appreciation that it’s put up or pack up time for the staff.

It doesn’t matter how loudly, frequently or fervently you yell at the Atlantic Ocean to stop being wet - it just isn’t happening. Same thing with CGC’s positive outlook and coach speak. That is who he is. Wishing or whining for it to change isn’t happening and is becoming tiresome for the rest of us.

If there are more than two people on the site who want to further dissect why Coach shouldn’t use marketing speak or overt positivity to fake it till he makes it, I’d ask someone to start a thread and keep that discussion there. If there are only two of our membership who wanna hash it out further may you find each other and avail yourselves of our excellent DM feature.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
“Competing w UGA” would literally put GT in the top 10 in the country. Their only loss was to the #2 team in the country. Their average margin of victory was 25 points. Georgia Tech won 3 games last year.

Competing with UGA would make us national title contenders. I’m not sure that has anything to do with where the program is.

Sad. used to be " Hate Week" now just a penciled in W for UGA. A Home game for UGA when its at Grant Field. The announcer I was talking to said he felt bad for the GT Seniors having Senior day with a 70 % UGA fan attendance. It has everything to do where this program is

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
@flea77
Sad. used to be " Hate Week" now just a penciled in W for UGA. A Home game for UGA when its at Grant Field. The announcer I was talking to said he felt bad for the GT Seniors having Senior day with a 70 % UGA fan attendance. It has everything to do where this program is
Yeah, UGA used to be “Hate Week” for Auburn, Tennessee, and Florida too. Now those are just penciled in W’s. I’m not sure why you don’t understand that UGA isn’t even remotely on the same level as us. Would you expect us to be competitive with Alabama and Ohio State too? UGA absolutely demolished Michigan in the CFP game. They might as well have been the only team on the field that day.

Since Kirby took over in 2016, Georgia is:
6-1 vs Auburn
5-1 vs Tennessee
4-2 vs Florida
5-1 vs South Carolina
6-0 vs Kentucky
4-1 vs Vanderbilt
4-1 vs Georgia Tech
That’s 34-7, good for a win percentage of 83% against their annual opponents. If Auburn, Florida, and Tennessee can’t compete with Georgia right now, why would you ever expect Georgia Tech to?

The priorities for Georgia Tech football in order for this year should be: (1) win more than three games (2) make a bowl game (3) compete for the Coastal title.
Next year divisions go away, so given all of those goals are met this year, next year’s goals should be to compete for a spot in the ACCCG, and then to be competitive with Georgia, Clemson, and the rest of the national title contenders.

The Georgia game should matter. It’s the biggest game of the year. But there’s no reason to expect GT to be competitive with them when they are wiping the floor with literally everybody not named Alabama. And if you expect GT to be competitive with UGA, you would expect us to be competitive with Alabama. Neither are within reach this year.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
some people on here have such bad takes all the time it’s hard to tell when someone is being facetious or not. my bad
At some point you have to laugh about it. It's supposed to be fun. How else can you take it when CGC talks about doing something "at a high level" when we have done nothing at that level for three years.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
@flea77

Yeah, UGA used to be “Hate Week” for Auburn, Tennessee, and Florida too. Now those are just penciled in W’s. I’m not sure why you don’t understand that UGA isn’t even remotely on the same level as us. Would you expect us to be competitive with Alabama and Ohio State too? UGA absolutely demolished Michigan in the CFP game. They might as well have been the only team on the field that day.

Since Kirby took over in 2016, Georgia is:
6-1 vs Auburn
5-1 vs Tennessee
4-2 vs Florida
5-1 vs South Carolina
6-0 vs Kentucky
4-1 vs Vanderbilt
4-1 vs Georgia Tech
That’s 34-7, good for a win percentage of 83% against their annual opponents. If Auburn, Florida, and Tennessee can’t compete with Georgia right now, why would you ever expect Georgia Tech to?

The priorities for Georgia Tech football in order for this year should be: (1) win more than three games (2) make a bowl game (3) compete for the Coastal title.
Next year divisions go away, so given all of those goals are met this year, next year’s goals should be to compete for a spot in the ACCCG, and then to be competitive with Georgia, Clemson, and the rest of the national title contenders.

The Georgia game should matter. It’s the biggest game of the year. But there’s no reason to expect GT to be competitive with them when they are wiping the floor with literally everybody not named Alabama. And if you expect GT to be competitive with UGA, you would expect us to be competitive with Alabama. Neither are within reach this year.
Like I said its SAD. Used to be " Hate Week ".

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Like I said its SAD. Used to be " Hate Week ".
Fla / Aub / Tenn expect to compete. They are not " penciled in wins " Its not like UGA has been on top for years like BAMA. The pic on my account is from 2016. Y'all have to figure out what you are ok with as fans. The 404 / Waffle House stuff has run its course. Proof is in the Win / Loss column. Hopefully this year will be better.

Last edited:

JacketFan137

Banned
Fla / Aub / Tenn expect to compete. They are not " penciled in wins " Its not like UGA has been on top for years like BAMA. The pic on my account is from 2016. Y'all have to figure out what you are ok with as fans. The 404 / Waffle House stuff has run its course. Proof is in the Win / Loss column. Hopefully this year will be better.
ok? they expect to compete. who cares? they have the same record against uga as we do and they have significantly more money and fan support.

no georgia tech team the last 25 years could have played with this years uga team. they were that good on defense and abused literally everyone they played other than bama. that is not a 404/waffle house issue as much as you seemingly want it to be.

no one is ok with that or wants it to be that way but unfortunately that’s just reality right now and it’s gonna be regardless of who the coach is

also they may not have been on top for a long time like bama but they have been right up there since 2017 and don’t look to be going anywhere any time soon. we all hate uga but we can’t deny they are at the very top of college football