Coincidence?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Is it just a coincidence that the two teams that originally had a bye week before playing GT are the two teams on GT’s schedule projected to be in the national conversation? Think about it, if you ran the league and you wanted the best possible scenario to unfold to give your league the best possible exposure, how would you write the schedules?

As you can see, it still pisses me off that Clemson and Miami got byes before playing us. At least one of them disappeared, no thanks to the league.

Is it just a coincidence that the two teams that originally had a bye week before playing GT are the two teams on GT’s schedule projected to be in the national conversation? Think about it, if you ran the league and you wanted the best possible scenario to unfold to give your league the best possible exposure, how would you write the schedules?

As you can see, it still pisses me off that Clemson and Miami got byes before playing us. At least one of them disappeared, no thanks to the league.
Divine intervention?

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Since we have played spoiler with Clemson in the past, I definitely smell a 'grassy knoll' with them getting a bye week against us two years straight now that they are the conference bell cow.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
With the new rule set up that teams can only have one conference opponent each season with a bye week before them, it'll be interesting to see what happens next year. If Clemson gets it three years in a row, then I'll don my tinfoil hat.

Deleted member 2897

Jacksonville State (bye week) played nobody before us.
Miami (bye week) was originally supposed to have played nobody before us.
Wake Forest (bye week) plays nobody before us.
Clemson (bye week) plays nobody before us.

This is all in the first half of the season.

Its not just that we got this many bye weeks against us, which keeps happening and which is completely and utter bull schit, but look at the order - literally 3 straight weeks we were supposed to play someone with a week off. The ACC can kiss my asss.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Isn't the whole "bye week before playing GT" thing a little overblown? What's our record against teams coming off a bye? And hasn't it been established that teams have a dreadful record the week AFTER they play us? If that was the case, the ACC would want Clemson's bye week to be after us and not follow up our game on the road against NC State and FSU. I think it's a bit of a reach.

Isn't the whole "bye week before playing GT" thing a little overblown? What's our record against teams coming off a bye? And hasn't it been established that teams have a dreadful record the week AFTER they play us? If that was the case, the ACC would want Clemson's bye week to be after us and not follow up our game on the road against NC State and FSU. I think it's a bit of a reach.
The entire NCAA is rigged.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Jacksonville State (bye week) played nobody before us.
Miami (bye week) was originally supposed to have played nobody before us.
Wake Forest (bye week) plays nobody before us.
Clemson (bye week) plays nobody before us.

This is all in the first half of the season.

Its not just that we got this many bye weeks against us, which keeps happening and which is completely and utter bull schit, but look at the order - literally 3 straight weeks we were supposed to play someone with a week off. The ACC can kiss my asss.

I had not thought about it but your facts are irrefutable and the conclusion, while crude, pretty much sums up how Tech fans feel about Swafford and the rest of the "Tobacco Road Mafia". I cannot think of another team that consistently gets the shaft from the ACC like we do. Perhaps poor old BC or Pitt? Almost makes me want to go back to being an independent. Nah, it would't be as much fun.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer

Yes!

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

If it is overblown, then someone's not getting the message because they are lined up trying to get a bye week. If I was an opposing coach of a reasonably good team like UNC or Duke and I was looking for an edge against GT I would not be looking for bye weeks as much as playing us EARLY in the season. Timing is critical in an offense like ours and it takes us a while (usually) to hit on all cylinders. IMHO.