COFH...Its Hate Week!!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If you ask Spurrier about the moon landing, he'll find a way to send shots towards West South Carolina ....

His play speaks for itself. Former Florida and South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier can't help but buy stock in Smith, who shattered Chris Doering and Amari Cooper's SEC record for receiving touchdowns in a career with 40.

"DeVonta, gosh I still remember when he was a true freshman when he caught the touchdown to beat Georgia for the national championship," Spurrier said. "Nobody knew who he was, he just flew down the sideline and obviously Georgia was in a bad coverage. Some kind of Cover 2 on that side -- which doesn't make sense -- but that's what they were doing.

:ROFLMAO:

#It'sAlwaysHateWeek

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Even over in the Charleston area, you can't get away from them. Went out to a rucking/running group yesterday and found myself rucking with a couple guys both of whom are Dawgs. While we were going, we talked about the weekend of football. One of them threw out the "when you have to play an SEC team every weekend..." line for something. I responded "Give me a break with that. You got to play SC, Tenn and Vandy." "Yeah, but we had to play Bama and Florida." "And you got embarrassed by both. We played two playoff teams."

Thought is was funny that the excuse was having to play an SEC team every week but they could only come up with two games that mattered.

I reminded them that it will be okay. They'll be pre-season #1 again next year.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Even over in the Charleston area, you can't get away from them. Went out to a rucking/running group yesterday and found myself rucking with a couple guys both of whom are Dawgs. While we were going, we talked about the weekend of football. One of them threw out the "when you have to play an SEC team every weekend..." line for something. I responded "Give me a break with that. You got to play SC, Tenn and Vandy." "Yeah, but we had to play Bama and Florida." "And you got embarrassed by both. We played two playoff teams."

Thought is was funny that the excuse was having to play an SEC team every week but they could only come up with two games that mattered.

Mind right. Cheers.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I'm sorta surprised you didn't punch 'im in the mucking face and push the other one in the mucking mud. :sneaky:

Seriously though, I get so tired of the same ol', lame ol' "gotta play a SEC team every week" crap. There's as many crap teams in that conference as there is in every conference. You tellin' me folks s'posed to be scared to play Vandy? South Carolina? Missouri or Miss State? Kentucky is some juggernaut? Tennessee and Ole Miss are gonna crap the bed at some point in every game so all that talent doesn't matter. Same with Auburn at this point.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'm sorta surprised you didn't punch 'im in the mucking face and push the other one in the mucking mud. :sneaky:

Seriously though, I get so tired of the same ol', lame ol' "gotta play a SEC team every week" crap. There's as many crap teams in that conference as there is in every conference. You tellin' me folks s'posed to be scared to play Vandy? South Carolina? Missouri or Miss State? Kentucky is some juggernaut? Tennessee and Ole Miss are gonna crap the bed at some point in every game so all that talent doesn't matter. Same with Auburn at this point.
As I showed in a different thread, SEC has 4 teams with winning records against P5 OOC regular season opponents over the past 7 years. FOUR of fourteen.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
As I showed in a different thread, SEC has 4 teams with winning records against P5 OOC regular season opponents over the past 7 years. FOUR of fourteen.

Yeah, but we all know that's because they're so beat up from playing SEC teams every week they simply have nothing left for the rest of the P5 teams. It's why most of them avoid non-con P5 teams altogether. Right? Isn't that how it goes?

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
The only problem is their P5 game is usually one of their first 3 games.
They are obviously so daunted by the upcoming prospect of playing powerhouse teams like Vandy, Kentucky, and/or Mississippi that they cannot properly prepare for second-string teams in the lesser P5 conferences...

jatchet

Jolly Good Fellow
Was just reading this and then came here to see if there was a conversation.

Just to add on... Apparently Amarius Mims' high school coach was soliciting donations on Mims' Instagram live feed and essentially tied it to his commitment. Mims' committed to Georgia but his recruitment led to Tennessee getting investigated... and now possibly Ugag.