COFH...Its Hate Week!!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Georgia has three top 15 wins(ND, UF, Auburn). Alabama has zero. Georgia has the worst loss of the bunch, but arguably the most impressive wins out of anybody.

Flag on the play.

Excessive 'humper positivity. 15 yards. Loss of 1st down.

@BleedGoldNWhite21 has been issued a warning. His next offense will result in his ejection.

Play is under further review.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I feel bad for A&M. The refs did not want ugag losing. Several non calls on UGA for pass interference weren't called. The CBS announcers even said they were penalties. We will be playing the mutts and refs Saturday.
This is true, even when ACC refs call the game. It seems true for every Tech game.

We will fight, til we can't fight no more...

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I must keep the hate internalized through the end of Turkey day as we are eating woth the set of inlaws (@mrshurricanejacket's parents are divorced) whose only flaw is that he is a u(sic)ga grad and casual fan.

Barbs have already been traded with the other inlaw, and come Friday, the hate will be slowly stoked to a fire hot enough to melt titanium.

Go Jackets! THWg

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Georgia has three top 15 wins(ND, UF, Auburn). Alabama has zero. Georgia has the worst loss of the bunch, but arguably the most impressive wins out of anybody.
The problem is that ND, UF, and Auburn really haven't done anything to deserve their rankings. ND's best win is against I guess Navy? And they were humiliated by Michigan. Florida has beaten no one except Auburn. Auburn has beaten no one except Oregon who couldn't beat Arizona St. I do think UGA is a really good team with a great defense but they get way too much credit for close wins against teams that really aren't that great.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
not one team UGag has beat will end up in the top 15 (maybe they leave ND up there for no reason at all)
That's still more impressive than Bama who hasn't played anyone ranked except A&M who isn't great, and LSU who beat them at Bama... So yes, as much as I hate UGA, they deserve to be above Bama because bama hasn't played anyone.

I'm tired of the CFP committee circle jerking to Bama when they have arugably one of the weakest schedules in football.

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't "hate" UGA. Too many good friends of mine who are graduates of the school. And, in the end, it's just football. Not enough to "hate" over.

However, what I do like is for UGA to lose in sports -- and especially in football... the same way I always liked seeing Boss Hogg or Roscoe P. Coltraine get outdone by the Dukes at the end. I liken UGA to the Soviet Red Machine in ice hockey: impressed by their immense talent and liked watching them play, but always pulled for whoever they were playing against, whether it was the Swedes or the Finns, or even the Czechs. To me UGA is the Big Red Machine of the state of Georgia. They dominate everything in Georgia from politics & government to the media... to everything else including the Board of Regents, which makes decisions on things even including Tech athletics. Despite all the "404" talk lately, once you step off the Tech campus, you're in UGA territory, with the Atlanta news all on their side. It's been that way ever since '80. And that's why I like beating them on the rare occasions we do. And that's why I like pulling against them when others play them. Why do I care when I live relatively far away from Atlanta?

I think the main reason is, the Georgia fan base in general is almost insufferable. They're unhappy when they win and miserable when they lose. And they think they "deserve" a national championship. If they ever won another championship, that's all you'd ever hear about for the next 40 years. They'd erect a statue of Kirby Smart, and they'd probably even have a parade in Midtown Atlanta, in addition to Athens. In the news it would be non-stop UGA for the next 3-5 years, definitely having an adverse effect on the perception of Tech and recruiting. Some UGA ad campaign would probably come up with a slogan: "UGA runs the 404!" When UGA won its last NC, Tech football was at its nadir. It's a similar situation now. Again, I don't hate UGA... I just don't want to hear all the crowing if they win (and all the dumping on Tech and its fans like they did last time they won)!

Last edited:

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't "hate" UGA. Too many good friends of mine who are graduates of the school. And, in the end, it's just football. Not enough to "hate" over.

However, what I do like is for UGA to lose in sports -- and especially in football... the same way I always liked seeing Boss Hogg or Roscoe P. Coltraine get outdone by the Dukes at the end. I liken UGA to the Soviet Red Machine in ice hockey: impressed by their immense talent and liked watching them play, but always pulled for whoever they were playing against, whether it was the Swedes or the Finns, or even the Czechs. To me UGA is the Big Red Machine of the state of Georgia. They dominate everything in Georgia from politics & government to the media... to everything else including the Board of Regents, which makes decisions on things even including Tech athletics. Despite all the "404" talk lately, once you step off the Tech campus, you're in UGA territory, with the Atlanta news all on their side. It's been that way ever since '80. And that's why I like beating them on the rare occasions we do. And that's why I like pulling against them when others play them. Why do I care when I live relatively far away from Atlanta?

I think the main reason is, the Georgia fan base in general is almost insufferable. They're unhappy when they win and miserable when they lose. And they think they "deserve" a national championship. If they ever won another championship, that's all you'd ever hear about for the next 40 years. They'd erect a statue of Kirby Smart, and they'd probably even have a parade in Midtown Atlanta, in addition to Athens. In the news it would be non-stop UGA for the next 3-5 years, definitely having an adverse effect on the perception of Tech and recruiting. Some UGA ad campaign would probably come up with a slogan: "UGA runs the 404!" When UGA won its last NC, Tech football was at its nadir. It's a similar situation now. Again, I don't hate UGA... I just don't want to hear all the crowing if they win (and all the dumping on Tech and its fans like they did last time the won)!

You're becoming too soft. Don't drink the Kool Aid from the same pool.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
Georgia hasn’t scored over 27 points in 5 straight games. As it ticks towards halftime today, they have 6 points (2 FG) and Jake Fromm is 1/7. He reminds me of Trent Dilfer. His job is just to try and not lose the game. They’re lucky their defense is so good. Their offense has been dreadful.
So i just had to look up Dilfer's numbers in college and holy shiitake, the man had almost 3800 yards his senior year. I had no idea he balled so much in college because that is not what he became known for as a pro.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/trent-dilfer-1.html

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
not one team UGag has beat will end up in the top 15 (maybe they leave ND up there for no reason at all)
horrible take....I hate UGA as much as anyone on their thread, but they have a top 5 resume for sure. LSU and maybe OSU are the only ones who compare.

ND and UF will be top 15 teams at the end of the season. I hate the leg humpers as much as anyone, but they have a way better resume than Alabama this year. Alabama’s best win is an unranked Texas A&M(yes they will have played the #1 team three times this year, but still if a 7-4 team is your best win, that’s not good).

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
ND and UF will be top 15 teams at the end of the season. I hate the leg humpers as much as anyone, but they have a way better resume than Alabama this year. Alabama’s best win is an unranked Texas A&M(yes they will have played the #1 team three times this year, but still if a 7-4 team is your best win, that’s not good).
Does anyone actually think UF or ND are actually good teams? NDs best win is UVA or VPI and the got slaughtered by Michigan. The only reason UF is ranked is because they are SEC and their best win is a close one against a mediocre Auburn. ugag has almost lost every game against every semi-decent team they have played and should have lost last weekend if not for some help from the zebras. Add that to the loss to a 4-7 (bout to be 4-8) team and there is nothing impressive about their resume or play on the field.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone actually think UF or ND are actually good teams? NDs best win is UVA or VPI and the got slaughtered by Michigan. The only reason UF is ranked is because they are SEC and their best win is a close one against a mediocre Auburn. ugag has almost lost every game against every semi-decent team they have played and should have lost last weekend if not for some help from the zebras. Add that to the loss to a 4-7 (bout to be 4-8) team and there is nothing impressive about their resume or play on the field.
Prior to last week

Notre dame fei = 11
Florida fei = 18

Espn team efficiencies
Notre Dame = 14
Florida = 10

Saying “Does anyone actually think UF or ND are actually good teams?” comes across incredibly biased. Plenty of teams are overrated messes, these two are above the line.

Edit to say, that’s going to make it all the better when we whip that *** this Saturday.