COFH...Its Hate Week!!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
uGag is definitely looking past TA&M but I don't think their offense turns the ball over like it did against uscE. If A&M does pull off the upset, the uGag fans will not show up next saturday like we expect them to.
Two things way would they over look A&M ? Would you if your next game was a 3-8 team? And I can promise you they will show up even if they lose to A&M championship game and they would still think if they win that game they could still be in the top 4. Bad thing they would if only cause they are in the SEC.

Well, after last night I would say they should rush for well over 300. Us scoring, well it depends on what game we call. I expect us to lose something like 56-7. Just reality. But I will be there cheering on the Jackets

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
The question is, how can we beat them? I realize it's a 200 to 1 shot (optimistically), but how could it happen?

My guess is it would include a few bombs to Ahmarean Brown and some well timed bring-the-house blitzes, especially in the red zone. And lots of luck. And several turnovers. Play bend-but-don't-break (I know we're going to bend), shorten the field, and stop them in the red zone. On offense, gamble with trick plays and misdirection. Surprise them with a full house backfield, and BLOCK.

The one weapon we have that Ugag has no answer for is Ahmarean Brown. I don't think the pups have anyone who can stay with him.
We would need to hit a handful of explosive plays that go the distance. We won’t be able to sustain drives against their defense. Then we would need something lime VT got against Miami where they turn it over six times or something, with several coming deep in their own territory.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
not sure that is remotely possible with this run D...

We will need some stunts on the D-Line and blitz the gaps relentlessly. Those 2 things have slowed their potent run game and the fatwads they have on the OL a lot this year in games they've struggled.

Unfortunately, I think UGAG's offense will have a lot of fun ...

I'm worried this is the game they finally show out on offense. Its clear they haven't played close to their potential on offense. It would be so us to let them do that.

You lied to the people, OP

#It'sAlwaysHateWeek

My sincerest apologies. I shall sit in the corner and think about what I've done.

The question is, how can we beat them? I realize it's a 200 to 1 shot (optimistically), but how could it happen?

My guess is it would include a few bombs to Ahmarean Brown and some well timed bring-the-house blitzes, especially in the red zone. And lots of luck. And several turnovers. Play bend-but-don't-break (I know we're going to bend), shorten the field, and stop them in the red zone. On offense, gamble with trick plays and misdirection. Surprise them with a full house backfield, and BLOCK.

The one weapon we have that Ugag has no answer for is Ahmarean Brown. I don't think the pups have anyone who can stay with him.

I think they have 2 guys in Campbell and Stokes that can limit Brown. What we can do is use misdirection and put him in motion and find that better matchup. I'm guessing Stokes, their best cover corner will be on him most of the game.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Folks, I am seeing reasoned discussion and analysis in this thread...definitely off-topic. Don’t make me report you to the moderators.

This thread is about hating the players who have enrolled at the Athens Correctional Community College (can’t call them student-athletes), and along with them, the classless, barking morons who build their lives around the dwags’ football program.

It’s Hate Week, and the gods of football have blessed us with two extra days of it, this year. Let the hate flow through you!

Go Jackets! THWG—and while we’re at it, (shout-out to @griz.in.nzone), FTC!

DirtyDingusMagee

Georgia Tech Fan
We will need some stunts on the D-Line and blitz the gaps relentlessly. Those 2 things have slowed their potent run game and the fatwads they have on the OL a lot this year in games they've struggled.

I'm worried this is the game they finally show out on offense. Its clear they haven't played close to their potential on offense. It would be so us to let them do that.

My sincerest apologies. I shall sit in the corner and think about what I've done.

I think they have 2 guys in Campbell and Stokes that can limit Brown. What we can do is use misdirection and put him in motion and find that better matchup. I'm guessing Stokes, their best cover corner will be on him most of the game.

Line Brown up in the backfield and get him on wheel routes to maximize the matchup aspect.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Two things way would they over look A&M ? Would you if your next game was a 3-8 team? And I can promise you they will show up even if they lose to A&M championship game and they would still think if they win that game they could still be in the top 4. Bad thing they would if only cause they are in the SEC.

1. They aren't looking over A&M at us.
2. There absolutely would be less of them at the game if they were to lose Saturday. We are "little brother, who cares, its all about championships" in their eyes.

VintageWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
From "HD"
This:
"I'm much more concerned with their massive O-line and Swift pounding us into submission. We dont have the front 7 quality nor the depth to take the kind of beating they will undoubtedly try to impose."

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
The coaching staff would never listen to me, but I would suggest when on offense use a huddle and burn clock. Don't go for home runs, the QB will not have time to set up in the pocket for this game. Work the ball downfield. No fumbles. On defense. if we get our starting DBs back we can stay with them for a while. I figure they will give us a big dose of running the football. We're just too small to compete against their massive offensive line. Just don't let them start playing down field. We're pretty banged up right and thin on personnel. If we can't beat them, then at least scare the hell out of them.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
From "HD"
This:
"I'm much more concerned with their massive O-line and Swift pounding us into submission. We dont have the front 7 quality nor the depth to take the kind of beating they will undoubtedly try to impose."

You don't agree or take umbrage with my post?

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
The coaching staff would never listen to me, but I would suggest when on offense use a huddle and burn clock. Don't go for home runs, the QB will not have time to set up in the pocket for this game. Work the ball downfield. No fumbles. On defense. if we get our starting DBs back we can stay with them for a while. I figure they will give us a big dose of running the football. We're just too small to compete against their massive offensive line. Just don't let them start playing down field. We're pretty banged up right and thin on personnel. If we can't beat them, then at least scare the hell out of them.

We must use stunts as SCjr, Kentucky and Florida did. All those defenses were outmanned against their O-line but used their agility and speed advantage to their advantage. The Dwag O-line is mammoth, sure, but they are sloths getting out of their sets. Kinlaw for SCjr single handedly ruined their run game that day as the stunts they used confused the Dwag O-line?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
2. There absolutely would be less of them at the game if they were to lose Saturday. We are "little brother, who cares, its all about championships" in their eyes.
I have been to every home game against uga since 1981 any tickets for sell which we still have they will buy. Any fans we have that want to sell their tickets will sell them to them and lots do. Than you have a few that will bring uga people with them. If they win or lose this week won't change that , most the one for uga that sit in our section don't have season tickets for them. We only sold 38k to the NC State game I look for them to have 50 to 60 percent of the tickets to the game next week. Sad to say be our win over NC State will not put more Tech fans in the seats next week.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We must use stunts as SCjr, Kentucky and Florida did. All those defenses were outmanned against their O-line but used their agility and speed advantage to their advantage. The Dwag O-line is mammoth, sure, but they are sloths getting out of their sets. Kinlaw for SCjr single handedly ruined their run game that day as the stunts they used confused the Dwag O-line?
I have not concentrated on our dl - but it seems we at most gap rush. That's a big change form past, but have not seen stunts, etc.
Have been creative w dl play???
Seems like our blitz guy in middle never has any gap

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
I have not concentrated on our dl - but it seems we at most gap rush. That's a big change form past, but have not seen stunts, etc.
Have been creative w dl play???
Seems like our blitz guy in middle never has any gap

We have utilized the gap blitz mostly the A gaps when we have had success stopping the run. We have not employed a lot of stunts though which is a tad confusing as most college O-lines, even the elite ones, struggle with it because most do not have the know-how to get off their pre snap assignments and pass a guy off to the inside or outside and stick to their man in their zone/lane. That's where you see them start following their guy causing 2 to block 1 thus freeing up the guy stunting.