Cody Moore joins recruiting staff

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We get a guy from Abilene Christian to replace a guy who went to Wisconsin.

What could be good about this?
1. Our guy going to Wisconsin is surely not a demotion. Good things happen to people that come to gt.
2. We get a guy from smaller program where coaches have broader duties.
3. IMO and as a tech man who came to Texas in 69 Abilene Christian is a well respected and competitive program that gets the most out players.

But the biggest thing is
4. We get an assistant coach that HAS TEXAS ROOTS. As a dad of a Texas hs football coach, I know these guys stick together. Even though Todd Spencer was a good guy the accent and rapid speech pattern was not a door opener in Texas.

This could be a very good move for every one.
As JERRY says and as Cheese says.
GO JACKETS AND KEEP HIRING.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
We get a guy from Abilene Christian to replace a guy who went to Wisconsin.

What could be good about this?
1. Our guy going to Wisconsin is surely not a demotion. Good things happen to people that come to gt.
2. We get a guy from smaller program where coaches have broader duties.
3. IMO and as a tech man who came to Texas in 69 Abilene Christian is a well respected and competitive program that gets the most out players.

But the biggest thing is
4. We get an assistant coach that HAS TEXAS ROOTS. As a dad of a Texas hs football coach, I know these guys stick together. Even though Todd Spencer was a good guy the accent and rapid speech pattern was not a door opener in Texas.

This could be a very good move for every one.
As JERRY says and as Cheese says.
GO JACKETS AND KEEP HIRING.

I was wondering what this guy's biggest asset is -hmmmmm,contacts in Texas--be good,could be very good

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
So far, the staff changes in chronological order have been:
  1. QB/BB coach Bryan Cook left GT to take the offensive coordinator position at Georgia Southern
  2. Assistant Director of Operations Craig Candeto filled the QB/BB coach opening left by Coach Cook's departure
  3. Assistant Director of Player Personnel Brad Waggoner left GT to take the head coach position at Trousdale County High School in Tennessee
  4. Georgia Tech hired Kevin Cone and Paul Hamilton to fill the Assistant Director of Operations and Assistant Director of Player Personnel openings, respectively
  5. Assistant Director of Player Personnel Saeed Khalif left GT to take the Director of Player Personnel position at Wisconsin
  6. Georgia Tech hired Cody Moore to fill the vacant Assistant Director of Player Personnel opening left by Coach Khalif's departure
So far, that makes it even, but my understanding is there are a few more changes coming, and we'll end up with more staff than last year when it's all done

alagold

Helluva Engineer
So far, the staff changes in chronological order have been:
  1. QB/BB coach Bryan Cook left GT to take the offensive coordinator position at Georgia Southern
  2. Assistant Director of Operations Craig Candeto filled the QB/BB coach opening left by Coach Cook's departure
  3. Assistant Director of Player Personnel Brad Waggoner left GT to take the head coach position at Trousdale County High School in Tennessee
  4. Georgia Tech hired Kevin Cone and Paul Hamilton to fill the Assistant Director of Operations and Assistant Director of Player Personnel openings, respectively
  5. Assistant Director of Player Personnel Saeed Khalif left GT to take the Director of Player Personnel position at Wisconsin
  6. Georgia Tech hired Cody Moore to fill the vacant Assistant Director of Player Personnel opening left by Coach Khalif's departure
So far, that makes it even, but my understanding is there are a few more changes coming, and we'll end up with more staff than last year when it's all done

for curiosity how many minority guys were brought in relative to who left

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
I think he means which of the new hires are not white.
Oh. I don't see how that's relevant (edit: I suppose it could be relevant for recruiting purposes, now that I think about it), but so far Saeed Khalif is the only non-white staff member to leave, and Kevin Cone is the only non-white staff member to be hired

crut

Helluva Engineer
The only trace I can find on the internet of Saeed Khalif leaving GT or going to Wisconsin is on this board. Could someone link me to a story of that departure?

Llowe1973

Georgia Tech Fan
I didn't find an article either. However, he is no longer on the list of GT coaching staff and he is on the current list for Wisconsin. Not sure why there was no press on the departure. Oh well... moving on.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
The only trace I can find on the internet of Saeed Khalif leaving GT or going to Wisconsin is on this board. Could someone link me to a story of that departure?
No story yet, but he's no longer on staff under the football roster page on the GT athletics website, and he is listed under the Wisconsin staff directory on their website

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
No story yet, but he's no longer on staff under the football roster page on the GT athletics website, and he is listed under the Wisconsin staff directory on their website
It's usually up to the new school to announce a hire, as GT did with Moore. Not sure why Wisconsin didn't make an announcement, but it's possible their policy is to issue a press release for hires above a certain level.