coaching 'staff' comparisons

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
im sure this has been discussed back in jan feb but this is now 5+months later.

we have had 5 months to come to some kind of evaluation on the difference between the two staffs discounting cpj and cgc. did we upgrade the staff ... stay the same ... or is the new staff worse than the old... in your opinion?

im not knowledgeable enough on the nuances of fb coaching to comment on the coaching part but in energy alone and the willingness to employ new techniques.... i see the new staff as being an improvement over the old staff. i guess the results will be the proof in the pudding.

beuller bueller?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
get-your-popcorn-ready-gif-11.gif

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
im sure this has been discussed back in jan feb but this is now 5+months later.

we have had 5 months to come to some kind of evaluation on the difference between the two staffs discounting cpj and cgc. did we upgrade the staff ... stay the same ... or is the new staff worse than the old... in your opinion?

im not knowledgeable enough on the nuances of fb coaching to comment on the coaching part but in energy alone and the willingness to employ new techniques.... i see the new staff as being an improvement over the old staff. i guess the results will be the proof in the pudding.

beuller bueller?
Hopefully the gif was not curt, but FYI this conversation has infested many threads since Jan/Feb, both on topic and off, and has made moderating "exciting".

I'm willing to see where this goes, but if we go sideways I'm coming after this thread like:

tenor.gif

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Before we get derailed trying to compare a staff w zero games and one w 11 year track record , think about the following:

What if gt had the vision / money to have hired dc geoff Collins from Mississippi state when he left for florida. Imagine him recruiting the for the last 5 years.

This thread could now be a out

HOW WILL IT WORK
What do you think of coach johnson stepping down to only be the oc while turning over the overall reigns of the program to the highly sucessfull dc? Coach Collins says this is his dream job.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Before we get derailed trying to compare a staff w zero games and one w 11 year track record , think about the following:

What if gt had the vision / money to have hired dc geoff Collins from Mississippi state when he left for florida. Imagine him recruiting the for the last 5 years.

This thread could now be

HOW WILL IT WORK
What do you think of coach johnson stepping down to only be the oc while turning over the overall reigns of the program to the highly sucessfull dc? Coach Collins says this is his dream job.

The signature offense and signature chaos defense will continue.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
This thread could now be a out

HOW WILL IT WORK

there is no way the bolded would have ever happened nor can I recall anything like it ever happening anywhere else.

kyle.smith828

Jolly Good Fellow
From what I have heard, Lewis Caralla has made a tremendous impact. Supposedly our guys are in much better condition compared to years past under Sisk.

Again, this is something I have been told and I have not seen for myself, so take it for what it's worth. Hell, I made have heard (read) it here.

Maybe someone with a little more knowledge about Caralla's impact and our strength program can confirm?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I happen to think we have improved in S&C, OL, S/T and certain D position coaches.

For various reasons, we, again I believe, have drastically changed our recruiting culture and goals.

Potentially, I think the biggest change will be the expectations for the program.

If we did not have this change we, at this time of year, would have been looking at an almost unprecedented malaise in the program. A whole dairy farm of spilt milk. Meaningless bowls results & emtions would have carried forward. No excitment, no new goals. Just blah.