Coaching Search- Timeline

Campbeae

Georgia Tech Fan
I originally thought TStan was blindsided by CPJ’s retirement because his “going dark” comment made me think he needed to collect his thoughts before moving forward. Now, I’m wondering if the plan all along was for CPJ to step down after this season and CPJ’s extension was just an effort to keep recruits flowing into the program without disruption. The possibilities are driving me crazy. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Press conference Paul Johnson indicated he had been talking to Stansbury since early in the year, also implied PJ made a tentative decision to retire or leave prior to the UGA game, I don’t think Todd was blindsided.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think the goal would be to have a coach in place by the early signing date which is 12/19/18. Stansbury said he wanted to provide enough time for the new coach to evaluate the current commits and for the commitments to have time to evaluate the new coach. I would think you would want to provide at least a week for that to take place. That moves the announcement back to 12/12/18. So I think he takes next week to go through the interview and selection process. That takes us to 12/7/18. It may take that weekend to negotiate the details of the deal. I would expect the announcement to be made between 12/10 and 12/12.

Go Jackets!

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think the goal would be to have a coach in place by the early signing date which is 12/19/18. Stansbury said he wanted to provide enough time for the new coach to evaluate the current commits and for the commitments to have time to evaluate the new coach. I would think you would want to provide at least a week for that to take place. That moves the announcement back to 12/12/18. So I think he takes next week to go through the interview and selection process. That takes us to 12/7/18. It may take that weekend to negotiate the details of the deal. I would expect the announcement to be made between 12/10 and 12/12.

Go Jackets!
This is accurate. Don’t forget dead period starts 17th