Coaching changes?

albanyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Nothing to go on but my gut feeling is not one but two Tech assistants move on . Our OL has been horrible and our DB's have under performed. CPJ has to do something to right the ship.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
$ will always be an issue here. I dont know what happens this year with coaching but a staff of Nick Saban, Les Miles and Jesus Christ wouldn't have been able to overcome the amount of injuries we had. Maybe at a Bama or LSU they could somewhat and win 7-8 games but not here. Still this isn't an excuse but compound that with playing a bunch of true freshmen with no obvious leaders in the locker room and your going to have problems. I think someone one the staff will end up being the sacrificial lamb to keep the fan base happy. I really can't see it being on the defensive end. I.e. Roof or Pelton unless they leave. We can't afford a top notch D coordinator so it could end up being CMS. But if something doesn't happen and there isn't a spark to get this program back to 8-9 wins next year it's going to turn in to a Paul Hewitt situation and rip the fan base in half.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
The problem is not with the Asst Coaches..... The problem lies with CPJ!!!

Maybe it does. CPJ definitely needs to take a long look in the mirror and honestly ask am I putting my guys (coaches & players) in the best position to be successful. Also, the players need to recommit themselves too and ask themselves am I doing my part in making this championship level team again.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Problem is, and I am not sure if its just CPJ or any coach would have this issue, but he has said he has never had a season like this and said in his presser that he doesn't have the answers. To me thats not good news. I hope he can make the proper adjustments

GTFLETCH

Banned
Problem is, and I am not sure if its just CPJ or any coach would have this issue, but he has said he has never had a season like this and said in his presser that he doesn't have the answers. To me thats not good news. I hope he can make the proper adjustments
It is very frustrating to watch RS Sr OL struggle, Trey Bruan, Ernie Joe, B. Chamberlian and LB T Marcodes... While they are playing their hearts out they are just not very good as they always seem to get beat....

The only good to come from this is that they are recruited when Brian Bohannon and Al Groh were here, so next season we will get one step closer to the CPJ/CTR guys... I also think you can see that we have talent and that is why guys bailed on us (all the guys leaving the program)

My only question is why is Gary Brown not starting over those under performing RS sr OL???

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
The problem is not with the Asst Coaches..... The problem lies with CPJ!!!

Paul Johnson has won ACC Coach of the Year several times for us (including LAST season), and has won more double-digit seasons than any Coach since Bobby Dodd. The problem is most certainly NOT with Paul Johnson, it was with the MASSIVE number of INJURIES we sustained THIS season.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Paul Johnson has won ACC Coach of the Year several times for us (including LAST season), and has won more double-digit seasons than any Coach since Bobby Dodd. The problem is most certainly NOT with Paul Johnson, it was with the MASSIVE number of INJURIES we sustained THIS season.
PJ may not be the problem but injuries doesn't explain an incompetent OL, an inconsistent D and special teams with several WTF moments.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Both our lines besides Adam were down right lousy this year. A once hard to defend offense became incredibly easy to defend by loading the box and blitzing everyone.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

The statement about not having answers was in direct reply to a question about turnovers.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Why? If he had "the answers", we wouldn't be 3-8. I'd think it would be bad news if he had the answers and didn't do anything. Sometimes we get caught in the mystique of power, that the head man -- guv, prez, head ball coach -- got there by knowing all the answers and thus can solve anything. Yet, every Saturday, half the ball coaches in America don't have the answers. I'm not defending Johnson so much as trying to be realistic. Johnson makes a bunch of money, he is a big boy, and can take care of himself. But on Saturday the other guys are trying to win, too.