Coaching Carousel

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Looks like coach Kelly may get the break he was looking for! Wishing him only the best!

@DeanBuchan: Hope the rumor that Charles Kelly has been promoted to defensive coordinator at FSU is true. Former #gatech assistant is a great guy, coach.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Looks like coach Kelly may get the break he was looking for! Wishing him only the best!

@DeanBuchan: Hope the rumor that Charles Kelly has been promoted to defensive coordinator at FSU is true. Former #gatech assistant is a great guy, coach.

More on that here:

http://www.tomahawknation.com/flori.../5334148/florida-state-promotes-charles-kelly

Some pretty interesting quotes at the bottom of the page. I get the feeling that Kelly and Groh had a great relationship. I know Groh thanked Kelly on his way out and Kelly thanked Groh for helping to expose him to a lot of coaches on various levels.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
A question for someone who knows the history of Godsey! In the back of my mind, it seems Godsey had excellent grades coming into Tech from High School. I assume he did well at Tech. I like a coach who has a high IQ and the ability to analyze as well as knowing the game. Does Godsey fit this criteria? I also like the idea of a Head Coach having a background as a quarterback in College. The idea of Godsey one day returning to Tech as Head Coach does have a plausable ring to it. Someone in the know fill me in on the questions regarding his mental agility. I am already familiar with his production at Tech as a QB.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
A question for someone who knows the history of Godsey! In the back of my mind, it seems Godsey had excellent grades coming into Tech from High School. I assume he did well at Tech. I like a coach who has a high IQ and the ability to analyze as well as knowing the game. Does Godsey fit this criteria? I also like the idea of a Head Coach having a background as a quarterback in College. The idea of Godsey one day returning to Tech as Head Coach does have a plausable ring to it. Someone in the know fill me in on the questions regarding his mental agility. I am already familiar with his production at Tech as a QB.

Godsey was one of the rare scholarship players that actually majored in Engineering (he was an IE I believe)...and I believe he graduated with High Honors to boot. He was working on his Masters during his last year here.

Godsey to me is the very definition of cerebral QB...in the mold of Peyton Manning. His smarts and mental acuity made up for his limited physical talents. Friedgen once said of Godsey that no matter what he got into in life, Godsey would be ultra successful. I think he's gaining a lot of great experience under some of the best coaches in the game. When he gets his shot to run his own team, he's going to be one of the better coaches.

gtdrew

Banned
Looks like Albert Rocker is gonna join our staff. Former DL coach for the Titans.

Some "Coaching repellant," eh? One of the most highly regarded position coaches in the league is here. Home run hire. Good recruiter. Dynamic position coach.

gtdrew

Banned
never mind. Misread that tweet. LOL. Going to UGA. Good hire for them. I was wondering who was going to leave to make room for Tracy...

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Now that all the LOIs are signed, what staff turnover do we anticipate. The one that's been talked about the most is CAM. Anyone know where he's rumored to be heading?

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Now that all the LOIs are signed, what staff turnover do we anticipate. The one that's been talked about the most is CAM. Anyone know where he's rumored to be heading?
I haven't heard any rumors about him or anybody else on the staff. Also keep in mind that I don't exactly have a ton of sources. If anyone leaves, it would likely be CAM or Mike Pelton. Personally, I don't think either one will, but what do I know?