Coaching Carousel

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
no kidding! friggin' "uncle rico" was a one-man wrecking crew as HC at southern. i swear he must have a flash drive of dirty pics of ADs across the nation.

Ai9uGqvCMAAXds2.jpg:large

Just seeing his mug makes me want to get the automatic weapons out.
Over/under on Loser's stay in South Bend? One month? The summer? One season?
Has anybody burned more bridges, as if he were waging guerilla warfare?
All that talent - recruited by Rodney Garner, yes? - at Georgia made him look like a good coach.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
multiple sources saying James Franklin to Penn St. As a GT fan I am glad he is gone. He has kicked our butt on the recruiting trail as of late. Vandy would be crazy to not go after Chad Morris.

Penn State should go for Chad Morris over Franklin. I am puzzled over rumors swirling around Happy Valley that "Paterno supporters" were a problem faction. How could anyone still be supportive of Joe Pa with all that has surfaced?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Kind of surprised that PSU would go this direction, giving a new up and comer their first big BCS job, but I do think he will be successful there.

I really thought they would go hard after Golden or Schiano.....

I really expected Schiano, Golden or Munchak. Interesting they'd hire a guy who's team had some rape/sexual assault allegations and subsequent charges. Especially with the highly-inflammatory rumors that he advised guys to erase video evidence.

BranMart

Georgia Tech Fan
... I am puzzled over rumors swirling around Happy Valley that "Paterno supporters" were a problem faction. How could anyone still be supportive of Joe Pa with all that has surfaced?
They covered up for a child rapist for decades and did not see a problem with it. Paterno supporters should be sterilized and placed on a deserted island. They crazy.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
David Williams, AD at Vandy, has stated he expects Franklin to remain at Vandy. If it comes down to money, trust me, Vandy can compete with any program if they choose to do so.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Petrino is back with Louisville. ACC will have some good teams. Louisville, Miami, FSU, and Clemson should be pretty good. But that guy is a douche bag.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Petrino is back with Louisville. ACC will have some good teams. Louisville, Miami, FSU, and Clemson should be pretty good. But that guy is a douche bag.

If I'm the 'ville I'm a little perturbed if this is true. Wasn't he constantly trying to upsize his job when he was their coach before?

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
If I'm the 'ville I'm a little perturbed if this is true. Wasn't he constantly trying to upsize his job when he was their coach before?
they can always put in a hefty buyout

Louisville made $4.3 million from Strong leaving (buyout).

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
My issue is the education of the players, or in it looks like lack of education of most of these players while in college. Passing them through when they are barely literate. Admitting kids that have not reached the level of being competent to matriculate through college. That's what is disgusting to me.
These colleges using these kids athletic ability for their benefit without even attempting to get these kids educated and your in the business of education.