Coaching Carousel

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Al Golden tells Caneinsider that he isnt leaving.
I am 95% sure he is gone. Miami has already been looking for his replacement, Orgeron has told them he wants the job. Golden wants to go home, he is a northerner and he knows his style will never work at Miami, and all the SoFla high school coaches know it too, thats why they are all leaving home and going to FSU.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Franklin would be really excellent for Miami but I'm not sure they have the money for him.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Smoke about Strong to UT
Chip Brown (@ChipBrownOB) tweeted at 11:22 PM on Fri, Jan 03, 2014:
Louisville coach Charlie Strong will replace Mack Brown as the head coach at Texas, according to a high-ranking UT source.
()

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Everett Withers (defensive assistant) from Ohio State has been named the new head coach at JMU. I think this is where Vad has been rumored to transfer to.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Golden to Penn St. is a done deal. Everyone pray they don't get Petrino, Butch or Chud. Any of those could seriously bring them back. Golden was keeping that program mediocre.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Golden to Penn St. is a done deal. Everyone pray they don't get Petrino, Butch or Chud. Any of those could seriously bring them back. Golden was keeping that program mediocre.

GT hasn't beaten Miami since 2008...let's hope they get Butch Davis. CPJ atleast had a winning record against Butch and all his NFL talent at UNC. Golden leaving Miami could be a good thing for us.

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Golden had pretty good results against us. I am okay taking my chances against whoever takes over.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Greg Schiano, Kliff Kingsbury, Mario Cristobal, Doc Holliday.
I doubt Kliff would leave but all those names have been mentioned.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
An update on Texas

xcsc.gif

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I doubt an AD at Tech would take a chance on Monken and the option, if we get rid of CPJ. One of the reasons CPJ is unpopular is that many fans do not like the boredom of the same old plays over and over again along with a poor passing attack.
I would think by now unless we get some folks who can run the option PJs way if a new coach came in it...would not be the option.Personally like to see the Spurrier type offense.