Coaching Carousel

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Maybe they're going to fire him, better for his contract, unemployment?

Last edited:

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
It is really quite interesting to look at the coaches that have been at Arky State in the last few years! Hard to believe that Jonesboro, AR is being such a hot bed of coaching ;)

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
UCONN has hired ND DC Bob Diaco...he was the main guy that got Tuitt to flip (and Mom of course)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Looks like Monken will go to Army.

Seems odd at first with GaSou moving up in divisions, but Armys actually a fairly high profile job. Win and he'll be a legend. Lose and it really wont be held against him as much.

I really think he's gonna be our next coach sooner or later.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
I doubt an AD at Tech would take a chance on Monken and the option, if we get rid of CPJ. One of the reasons CPJ is unpopular is that many fans do not like the boredom of the same old plays over and over again along with a poor passing attack.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I remember the "good old days" when the fans were really excited about a number of coaches offensive play calling. Let's see:
A. Curry- three draws and a punt
B. Gailey- throw it to anyone but Calvin

You guys will have to fill in the 90's because that was before internet coverage and Satellite at Sea.

CornerBlitz

Jolly Good Fellow
Forgot about the Fridge- his offenses wee special but that's one period in the last 50yra here on the Flats.

I was watching some games from the early 90s the other night. The Fridge was the best offensive mind in college football at one time. He ran multiple sets, including the option, and was an unconventional and strategical genius.

He was also extremely meticulous. I recall attending his camps as a kid. He would relentlessly chastise anyone for making mistakes. He did not care if our parents just dropped $300, he wanted his drills run correctly.

I would take him back as an OC in a minute.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
I was not thrilled with the Curry, nor Gailey, but Ralph was the reason we won during O'Leary's days. I liked Gailey as a person, but he was not a great coach. He was somewhat like CPJ; he is soso. Curry was also a good man, but not a great coach.

LibertyTurns

Banned
If we had the CPJ from 2008, we'd have won 10 games this year. He's become way too conservative. His scheme works, just needs to evolve a little.
You think it's scheme and not the horses? I think we need CPJ to coach but need someone else to recruit. GT with it's nearly infinite analytical resources should be able to be way out ahead of the factories.