Coaching Carousel 8 - Teamwork means never taking all the blame yourself

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I side with Altman on this one. He didn't push criticism away from himself. He was very blunt about how if they thought he was the problem to get rid of him. But that doesn't mean fans not showing up isn't also a problem.

Eh, I don't see that as genuine self-critiquing. Seems more like grandstanding to me.

Like a guy shouting, "If'n we lose this game, I'll eat my hat!" Eh, whatever.

Not suggesting my opinion is greater than yours. Just different.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

LOVE these kind of hires. Find a coach at a lower level that has a long history of success and poach him for your school. No clue why Midwestern schools at the mid major and lower P5 schools didn't try to hire him sooner. Reminds me a LOT of Bo Ryan who ended up being a good coach for Wisconsin. Buffalo consistently makes astute hires on for their flagship programs.

Will have to bookmark this and see how it plays out for Buffalo over the next few years.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I hope for Josh's sake that Caliper doesn't leave right after hiring him. That would suck, but nothing slimy surprises me when it comes to Coach Cal

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I know coaches will clamor for the Texas job, but they'll now **** around and find out.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I know coaches will clamor for the Texas job, but they'll now **** around and find out.

I’m not sure what that man pictured needs to do to get that job! 21-7 since taking over, Big 12 conference tournament title, sweet 16 and I think they are going boat race Xavier and head to the Elite 8. I mean…

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I moved the extremely thoughtful AD chat to its own thread

I'm tryna resist the urge to go there and junk it up with coach talk.

Girl Smile GIF