Coaching Carousel 8 - Teamwork means never taking all the blame yourself

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
**** this ****. Thrilled we didn't land here.

He was only "in the mix" where?

throw up GIF

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The Father, The Son, and the Unholy Coach. The priest looks like he wants to get the presser over with ASAP.

I can read the priest's thoughts bubble...

"Am I ded? Is this hell? 'Cause I see the devil next to me. Yeah, this is hell."

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Good for him... deserving.
But makes me wonder if he would be a candidate if not for the ridiculous rule that a conference champ is ineligible for postseason in their first year of D1.
It’s hard to imagine many scenarios where first year D1 schools win a conference, but it’s almost harder to imagine that there should be a rule penalizing them for it. Surprised it still exists.
Isn’t it longer? Hasn’t Merrimack done it twice and not gotten in?

slugboy

Staff member

slugboy

Staff member

California has Stanford and Cal Berkeley in the north and USC and UCLA in the south. Stanford and Berkeley are the more regarded schools, and both have deep pocketed alumni networks. A public and a private anchor school at each end of the state. But, USC and UCLA have the athletics.

Cal could be big, especially in basketball. They just aren’t.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
California has Stanford and Cal Berkeley in the north and USC and UCLA in the south. Stanford and Berkeley are the more regarded schools, and both have deep pocketed alumni networks. A public and a private anchor school at each end of the state. But, USC and UCLA have the athletics.

Cal could be big, especially in basketball. They just aren’t.
So could Stanford and they kept their coach who's actually landed better talent than Pastner on paper, but has performed at a similar level, I believe.

They don't have a base motivated to perform better and have been hiring the wrong coaches. Sounds familiar.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

I side with Altman on this one. He didn't push criticism away from himself. He was very blunt about how if they thought he was the problem to get rid of him. But that doesn't mean fans not showing up isn't also a problem.