Coaching Carousel 7 - When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Things could get interesting

Isn't this the second time he's had a sorta physical altercation? He's gotta get it together.

Sure the WI guy shouldn't have grabbed him in the first place (which will get lost in all this) but you're the HC so handle yourself with some class.

Also color me shocked that more coaches/players haven't wanted to literally strangle a badger. That team is insufferable.

Doesn't make what Howard did right tho. Had to put that in for legal purposes. ;)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Isn't this the second time he's had a sorta physical altercation? He's gotta get it together.

Sure the WI guy shouldn't have grabbed him in the first place (which will get lost in all this) but you're the HC so handle yourself with some class.

Also color me shocked that more coaches/players haven't wanted to literally strangle a badger. That team is insufferable.

Doesn't make what Howard did right tho. Had to put that in for legal purposes. ;)
This little thing?

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
This little thing?

I'm going to kill you. That's a thing that coaches occasionally say to one another. I'm pretty sure that Bobby Knight has done it a time or two. John Chaney said it to Coach Cal back in the day.

And as kg said don't be dumb enough to try to stop and explain yourself to a pissed off person who says something like I'm going to remember that. It could be another coach, a coworker or your wife keep it moving and go about your business. Explaining yourself won't help anything and touching that person is only going to set them off. Now in the meantime Coach Howard needs to chill out or win a bunch of titles so he can get the Coach K anything he says, does or doesn't do is just fine card.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This little thing?

Ah yes. Although I don't see what the big deal is about telling a peer you wanna kill 'em. I say that about 6 times a day to posters here ... oh wait, you're still a mod huh? Nevermind, forget I said that, I was hacked. :cautious:

Seriously though, this has been way too much in just what 2 years for him. But can you imagine the admin tasked with sitting in the room to fire him?

I'd be like, "uh coach let's have a zoom meeting."
"But you're in the next room, kg."
"Nah, I took a remote day for this one. You don't know where I live do ya?"

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
UGA can't possibly be keeping Crean, right? I mean, dude distinguished himself (by how bad they are) against the backdrop of a lotta years of bad basketball there. It's almost like he's trying to get fired.

Man who could've predicted that whole thing was gonna end poorly?

Look At Me Reaction GIF by WWE

Dawg fans seem to think they're gonna get Sean Miller, btw.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So they gonna shoot for the moon again or just hire Hayes and be done with it? I'm thinking the former, considering the considerable (twice in one sentence?) ramp up in basketball spending in that conference.

That could be good or bad for us. Heyul, I'm thinking it won't matter 'til we get our sh*t together.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I've really not paid attention to too much hoops this year, but here we go...

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not surprising that my burner account has been as disconnected as I have this year. :sneaky:

Kinda think Gates to UGA is problematic for us. IIUC he's a good coach. Up and coming.
He is a good coach. Would it piss Jonas Hayes off enough for him to finally let us hire him?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He is a good coach. Would it piss Jonas Hayes off enough for him to finally let us hire him?

If he can't get that job now, he needs to cut his losses and move TF on.

Personally I'm rooting for Chad Dollar to get a shot there. I mean he's basketball royalty in the state of Georgia, right? It's time for him to get a big job.

;)
Their season isn’t already over??

I think they have 1 more game.