Coaching Carousel 6 - You can't make everyone happy. You are not bacon.

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow

for those unfamiliar with bergeron, it is a fascinating story and he is a fascinating character. in the old world of college hoops, i doubt he would ever get a job at an academic institution. but in modern hoops, where academic pursuits are not even a consideration at many places, he got his chance. and not surprisingly, it did not last long. idk if he will get another gig, but i suspect he will be "used" for at least one more short-term D1 gig to bring in prospects to boost a struggling small or mid-major D1 program. of course, "used" might not be the right word because dude gets compensated for it.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, Smart made the NCAA Tourney but then lost in round one to a small in-state school. Got to imagine the fans/boosters there are not going to feel overly satisfied. I wonder if he looks to jump to another school.

I remember reading some articles with quotes last year where he was described as being a great mid-major coach that doesn't fit in well at a high major school.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Well, Smart made the NCAA Tourney but then lost in round one to a small in-state school. Got to imagine the fans/boosters there are not going to feel overly satisfied. I wonder if he looks to jump to another school.

I remember reading some articles with quotes last year where he was described as being a great mid-major coach that doesn't fit in well at a high major school.
If Greg Brown wants to transfer out I'm sure we would take him lol

LibertyTurns

Banned
Having met Shaka on a few occasions and knowing something of our back story, this joke is pretty poorly done on a couple of levels.
You missed the critical link to the other “no so”, both at schools that like to whine about their coaches & despite results that are generally pretty damn decent by anyone’s standards.