Coaching Carousel 6 - You can't make everyone happy. You are not bacon.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Nope. After one 4 OT 120 point game that Pastner losses by 3? No way. Lol, let's at least get blown out a couple of times before we trade Pastner. Also, I am not sure Lanier can recruit to Tech with its more narrow curriculum better than he can recruit yo GSU. One last time, lest we forget, Pastner finished Fifth in the ACC last season. No easy feat at all. That buys him some patience on my book.
Some of y’all act like we’re saying he needs to go based on just this year ! It’s not it’s based on what he’s done since he’s been here which is nothing

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
When I look around the ACC, which schools need to be seriously looking for a new coach? Maybe not in 2021, but almost certainly by 2022?

I will start with Duke, where K is 73 years old and needs to bring in 4-5 5* players every year. That is getting harder to do in the ACC. Next in line is Jim Boeheim at Cuse. He is 76 years old and looks older. And, what about old Roy Williams? He is only (tic) 70, so maybe he can last a bit longer.

None of those seats are hot, but the ADs at those schools had better be open to reading resumes.

Edit: How did I overlook Leonard Hamilton. He seems younger than 72, but there he is. Who else did I miss?

Edit 2: Jim Larannga at Miami is also a septuagenarian.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

When I look around the ACC, which schools need to be seriously looking for a new coach? Maybe not in 2021, but almost certainly by 2022?

I will start with Duke, where K is 73 years old and needs to bring in 4-5 5* players every year. That is getting harder to do in the ACC. Next in line is Jim Boeheim at Cuse. He is 76 years old and looks older. And, what about old Roy Williams? He is only (tic) 70, so maybe he can last a bit longer.

None of those seats are hot, but the ADs at those schools had better be open to reading resumes.

Edit: How did I overlook Leonard Hamilton. He seems younger than 72, but there he is. Who else did I miss?

Edit 2: Jim Larannga at Miami is also a septuagenarian.

Some of those coaches like Coach K are all but irreplaceable. He has such a Lance Armstrong well oiled cheating machine there’s no way they keep full continuity of recruiting and win percentage. He’s had players caught on wire taps about cheating and payments with no repurcussions. Going to be interesting to watch.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The world disagrees with you, since he’s won coach of the year a couple of years ago, we almost won the NIT, and we finished 5th out of 15 in the best basketball conference in the country last year...despite a ridiculous number of injuries.
4 years ago
Also four years ago
Still weren’t going to dance