Coaching Carousel 2 - A New Dawn

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Anybody remember if Gregory's contract had an offset for a new job? I know Hewitt's did not, don't remember if that was inserted when Gregory had his contract redone or not.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't think there's an offset and his remaining payouts are somewhat minimal at this point.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
This made me laugh, so I thought I'd share.

Well...he left Lammers, Heath, Stevens, Heyward, Jackson, Gueye, Ogbonda and recruited and signed Okogie and Matthews. So he did leave the foundation. Now, that foundation was in the form of cement, water, aggregate and lime; but the makings were there. CJP and staff proportioned the raw ingredients properly and created 15ksi concrete.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Well...he left Lammers, Heath, Stevens, Heyward, Jackson, Gueye, Ogbonda and recruited and signed Okogie and Matthews. So he did leave the foundation. Now, that foundation was in the form of cement, water, aggregate and lime; but the makings were there. CJP and staff proportioned the raw ingredients properly and created 15ksi concrete.

Some good shooters will be the strong aggregate needed... [emoji6]

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
This made me laugh, so I thought I'd share.

Nope....can't let that one go.....

IMG_0911.GIF

slugboy

Staff member
Did this fool say Hewitt?
Hewitt's capable of winning. We've seen him do it. He let things get out of hand after the championship game year and never got it set right, but at a mid-major he could exceed expectations. It'd take a lot of energy, but the man could recruit.
We were just stupid with the contract. That's on our AA and our AD. He'd have been a fool to turn down that contract. Braine's the guy to be mad at.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Hewitt's capable of winning. We've seen him do it. He let things get out of hand after the championship game year and never got it set right, but at a mid-major he could exceed expectations. It'd take a lot of energy, but the man could recruit.
We were just stupid with the contract. That's on our AA and our AD. He'd have been a fool to turn down that contract. Braine's the guy to be mad at.
What happened at Sienna then?

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
He also sucked at gw too & def think Gregory is a better coach than blewit.

slugboy

Staff member
What happened at Sienna then?
He won there? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hewitt#Siena

He also sucked at gw too & def think Gregory is a better coach than blewit.
I think you mean George Mason? I think he got to the point even before George Mason that he was coasting (JMHO). He won his first two seasons there, but either didn't have the staff or the effort to get it done there long term. He didn't get to the championship game by accident.
I don't want him back, but that doesn't mean I don't think he had ability. We had to fire him because he was never going to live up to a monster unending contract, and he was going to sit there and take money without really earning it. But we went downhill from him to BG.
If you don't believe me, look at their records at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_men's_basketball. Hewitt made 5 NCAA Tournaments and 1 NIT in 11 years. BG made 1 NIT in 5 seasons with seniors and grad transfers.
Hewitt's record overall was 53.9% (not HOF caliber, but he had some big wins). Gregory's was 46.9%, and no big victories as far as I can remember.

Last edited:

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
He won there? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hewitt#Siena

I think you mean George Mason? I think he got to the point even before George Mason that he was coasting (JMHO). He won his first two seasons there, but either didn't have the staff or the effort to get it done there long term. He didn't get to the championship game by accident.
I don't want him back, but that doesn't mean I don't think he had ability. We had to fire him because he was never going to live up to a monster unending contract, and he was going to sit there and take money without really earning it. But we went downhill from him to BG.
If you don't believe me, look at their records at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_men's_basketball. Hewitt made 5 NCAA Tournaments and 1 NIT in 11 years. BG made 1 NIT in 5 seasons with seniors and grad transfers.
Hewitt's record overall was 53.9% (not HOF caliber, but he had some big wins). Gregory's was 46.9%, and no big victories as far as I can remember.
I meant George Mason too. Wherever he went after Tech. I stopped following him after tech. It was a legitimate question.