Coaches Poll

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
No complaints here. Played 3 games too close we should have handled and won one good game. Should keep the team fired up too. We beat the thugs from Miami and we will likely jump into the top 20.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I am ok with it. It will keep that "US against world" feeling going and something prove. With that said ECU is should be ranked a lot higher they have played at the time #21 SCar lost by 10 at their place and beat #17 VT and depending on what poll you looked at UNC was #25. Don't think anybody can beat that SOS this early in the season.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
1. FSU (36 of 62 1st place votes)
23. Duke
28. Clemson
33. Georgia Tech
39. NC State
40. BC
41. Louisville

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It's kinda crazy to think that CU fell completely out after taking #1 to OT. I know it's hard for a 2-loss team to stay ranked, but not all losses are the same.

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd rather we are not ranked. It's a young team and all it takes is a little bit for success to go to their heads. Remember 6-0?

Atomic Jacket

Banned
It's kinda crazy to think that CU fell completely out after taking #1 to OT. I know it's hard for a 2-loss team to stay ranked, but not all losses are the same.
Clemson has exactly one win, and that was an FCS team. They have 2 losses. They've proven what, exactly? That they can lose with style? I find it hard to believe that Clemson is receiving more votes than an undefeated ACC team with 4 wins. Granted, in the end Clemson will likely turn out to be better than Tech. But at this point, Clemson does not deserve to be ranked and does not deserve to have more votes than Tech.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Who cares about the rankings right now? We have plenty of chances in our near future to establish a record that means something with our schedule. I put no faith in the ranking system right now. The SEC cartel has everybody blinded anyway.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I am very pleased that by 4th quarter the team seems to get faster or slowdown slower than the opponent. We are still in good shape with starters only knocked up. We are getting playing time for subs in close games. Team is learning a lot about themselves. Our next game could be a real breakout game for some of the none head line guys. They are just a half step away.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Who knows what'll happen to Clemson, but their losses have been to the #1 Team and then #10 (iirc) team. Need to lighten up on their demise. (JMO)