Coach Prime to Colorado

JacketFan137

Banned
Don't know, but you are certainly a Sanders apologist. It's time to move on my man. We have a new HC and it's not Primetime!
being told to move on by the guy who posted about him is pretty funny.

never said i wasn’t in support of key my man. all this projecting is really weird

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
And Coach Prime looses again.

He seems like the Fab Five at Michigan. Game changers for sure but cant win the ones they need too.
I have to say, I watched the whole game and that was a very well-played game played by well-coached teams on both sides.
Sanders' team is repeating SWAC champion and lost this game in OT, which is not exactly something to hang his head about.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I have to say, I watched the whole game and that was a very well-played game played by well-coached teams on both sides.
Sanders' team is repeating SWAC champion and lost this game in OT, which is not exactly something to hang his head about.
Sanders’ team losing to that NC Central team is about like UGA losing to Mississippi State. It absolutely should be something to hang his head about. They were clearly the better team, they were favored by 19.5 points. There were also several plays where JSU benefitted from questionable calls and no calls. There were multiple occurrences where JSU players should’ve gotten 15 yard personal foul penalties and they got nothing. They looked like they were out of control, and extremely undisciplined. NCCU on the other hand played with extreme composure, and never once backed down from a vastly superior talented team. If I was looking to get a coach from the HBCU ranks I’d be looking at NCCU’s coach before Deion. Deion is all hype, no substance.

In 5 years I bet Colorado looks back and says, “what the **** were we thinking?” Before they say, “thank god we got Deion.” The controversies for Deion at Colorado haven’t even really got started yet.

JacketFan137

Banned
Sanders’ team losing to that NC Central team is about like UGA losing to Mississippi State. It absolutely should be something to hang his head about. They were clearly the better team, they were favored by 19.5 points. There were also several plays where JSU benefitted from questionable calls and no calls. There were multiple occurrences where JSU players should’ve gotten 15 yard personal foul penalties and they got nothing. They looked like they were out of control, and extremely undisciplined. NCCU on the other hand played with extreme composure, and never once backed down from a vastly superior talented team. If I was looking to get a coach from the HBCU ranks I’d be looking at NCCU’s coach before Deion. Deion is all hype, no substance.

In 5 years I bet Colorado looks back and says, “what the **** were we thinking?” Before they say, “thank god we got Deion.” The controversies for Deion at Colorado haven’t even really got started yet.
i just gotta be honest some of y’all’s hate of deion is a little too zesty for a guy with such little connection to our school.

dog whistles are getting a little loud

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
i just gotta be honest some of y’all’s hate of deion is a little too zesty for a guy with such little connection to our school.

dog whistles are getting a little loud
Wtf are you talking about? I supported hiring Deion early in the process. I’ve watched his press conferences at Colorado, and how his team played in their biggest game of the year today. Now I’m glad we had nothing to do with him. He had by far the more talented team on the field and got beat. His team was by far the least disciplined on the field today.

What dog whistles are you talking about?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I was struck by two things today.

1. Deion has put Colorado in the national spotlight for the first time in decades.

2. Oregon State’s coach is the real deal. Apparently he loves Corvallis and could not be poached.

Either of those two coaches would have made a splash at Tech. Key will have a chance over the next two years to also turn some heads.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I was struck by two things today.

1. Deion has put Colorado in the national spotlight for the first time in decades.

2. Oregon State’s coach is the real deal. Apparently he loves Corvallis and could not be poached.

Either of those two coaches would have made a splash at Tech. Key will have a chance over the next two years to also turn some heads.
Lots of good coaches were available, most of whom are beyond Tech's ability to compensate. I think Key was a default hire because he was affordable, but that doesn't bother me a bit because he's going to prove to be a very good coach in his own right, in my opinion. So let Deion, Chadwell, Fritz, etc. go on to have their success as I believe they will - I'm not jealous because we have the right coach for our situation, and he'll do just fine. I think he'll prove to be as good as any of them - maybe better.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Lots of good coaches were available, most of whom are beyond Tech's ability to compensate. I think Key was a default hire because he was affordable, but that doesn't bother me a bit because he's going to prove to be a very good coach in his own right, in my opinion. So let Deion, Chadwell, Fritz, etc. go on to have their success as I believe they will - I'm not jealous because we have the right coach for our situation, and he'll do just fine. I think he'll prove to be as good as any of them - maybe better.
I agree to most of this but would add one caveat. I'm not sure (but to be honest I'm just surmising here) that we couldn't afford the other choices as much as we made a more economical choice that we felt would be functionally equivalent or better even if less 'splashy'.

Just because I could afford to buy Lexus doesn't mean I should buy a Lexus if the Toyota serves the purpose. They both get me there reliably and in comfort. I imagine that the Lexus makes people think better of me (doubtful), but in the end what matters is if I get there safely, reliably and in comfort.

Back to the topic of Mr. Sanders. I imagine he'll do well at Colorado for a bit until he moves on to whatever's next once his son graduates, but I don't see it as a program-building move. Colorado needed something to change the trajectory of the program, and Sanders might well be the right move for them. Time will tell.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Moved the Deion stuff to the Coach Prime thread (again)
The first sign that the Deion train was losing momentum was when they hired CCK as DC. Interestingly, there has not been a noteworthy press release from Colorado since then. I have no interest that this whole thing blows up but I'm putting my money on it blowing up. Deion thinks he can replicate what Bill Snyder did at Kansas State but he is no Bill Snyder.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member