Coach P vs. DC Bateman rd 2

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Thought i would try to get a feel for what Bateman would try to do vs. our offense and what type of formations and runs we should expect this Saturday. I’m not finished yet but this was funny seeing the swinging gate formation twice early on and it still not being effective lol

giphy.gif

This is what i thought we should done vs Clemson but it’s of course 4 lineman couldn’t block 2 defenders

giphy.gif

Here is a deep pass off of it

be back after I’m done

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Thank you for staying the course.

Swinging gate - 1968 gt at uga - first series gt scores 8! Then they scored iirc 48.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member

Thought i would try to get a feel for what Bateman would try to do vs. our offense and what type of formations and runs we should expect this Saturday. I’m not finished yet but this was funny seeing the swinging gate formation twice early on and it still not being effective lol

giphy.gif

This is what i thought we should done vs Clemson but it’s of course 4 lineman couldn’t block 2 defenders

giphy.gif

Here is a deep pass off of it

be back after I’m done

I actually like the swinging gate formation. It's as simple as can be for the offense (it's an option, you go where the numbers are), and yet the defense has to put in time to prepare for it - if they get it wrong, which Army did in this situation, it can be a big play for the offense. That first play should've been big yardage ... unbelievably poor execution by the blockers!! But, that goes back to also having to prepare the offensive players to execute that simple play based on how those defenders line up ... So, it takes some extra/better training on the part of the offense as well.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
@Ibeeballin on the mills pass, it doesn't look like the outside WR commits to the post. Should he have broken more to the inside?

The inside guy did a GREAT job of getting in the safety's eyes. Ran RIGHT at him, FORCED him to cover him. In a situation like that, where the the inside guy pulls the safety way flat, all the outside guy has to do is get his hips inside the corner and it's over. He can run a streak at that point, as long as he's inside.

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m glad someone started this thread. After our performance in Philly I wanted to go back and watch a CDP offense against a good defense and I chose this game out of respect for Bateman. Thought it was interesting, during Temple’s initial drive the analysts pointed out that Temple had multiple starting O-linemen out and a different quarterback. They still moved the ball efficiently. There were running lanes and open receivers and pretty good protection from what I saw. I only watched a few drives. I don’t know that Patenaude is good coordinator yet but it’s plenty of proof to me that our offensive personnel is not giving him much of a chance.

Scubapro

Banned
Watch the actual game.

The touted Jay Bateman defense had 1st yr Temple squad put over 500yds out on them

That’s a lot for someone whose incompetent
OK...what does the rest of his body of work show?
Look...I hope I am Ten Thousand percent wrong about CDP. We got shut out by a team that gave up 38 to Buffalo and couldn't find our butts with both hands against Citadel.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
OK...what does the rest of his body of work show?
Look...I hope I am Ten Thousand percent wrong about CDP. We got shut out by a team that gave up 38 to Buffalo and couldn't find our butts with both hands against Citadel.

Is that all on the coach? Did he cause 3 red zone turnovers?

Scubapro

Banned

When you are in charge yes. You are responsible.
But the question remains. Show me why, outside of a single game, why he will be a solid coach. Other than running up points on Presbyterian, VMI, Liberty.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
People blamed CPJ for turnovers :facepalm:
I don't think the game is the tragedy other2 have been making it, but there were a loud contingent of negative people who would blame everything on CPJ. Now there are a loud contingent of people that blame everything on CGC/CDP. I am more confused about why people don't understand this.

I just looked at the score sheet and only saw two turnovers in the redzone, so I am not sure where you got three from. Playing revisionist history is hard because where do you stop? Are we even calling the same plays on the two drives in the goal line if the score is 9-17? We certainly aren't going for it on 4th and 2 on the final drive if it was 15-17. We had our chances in the game to put points on the board, but sadly we didn't. GT has definitely had 3+ turnover games in the past where we still found a way for the offense to score. It might not be 100% on the coaches, but you don't get shut out without everything being below the line.