coach of the year....

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
we are currently undefeated so why not anticipate a much better season than most see us having....

iyo... what would our record have to be for cgc to get consideration for acc coy? national coy?

as much as this program has been snake bit. i do think we are due for a perfect storm of a season. why not this season? no better year to have a s*** load of teams overlook / underestimate us.

go jackets
go buckeyes
f the dwags

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I sure love the unbridled optimism of pre-season... Rule number 1 in effect!!

And to answer your questions in my opinion, if CGC wins 7, he should be ACC coach of the year, if he wins 8-9 National coach of the year, 10 or more... everybody on this board better get their checkbooks out, because we will need to be ponying up very soon.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Coastal champs for CGC. Unless UVA tanks, Mendenhall should get it. Or Diaz. Mack Brown for sentimental reasons if they win some. I don’t foresee anyone else unless they have a real good run.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Coastal champs for CGC. Unless UVA tanks, Mendenhall should get it. Or Diaz. Mack Brown for sentimental reasons if they win some. I don’t foresee anyone else unless they have a real good run.

Dino Babers could be a strong contender if Syracuse repeats last year's performance. Or they could forget about the underdog choices and just go with Dabo again.

The way people are prognosticating, maybe Collins should get it at 6-6. Pastner won it for making the NIT and going 8-10 in conference play with a team that was supposed to be terrible. You never know.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If UNC has a year like we actually want (8+ wins) then Mack wins. Unfortunately this conference is still dominated by the state of North Carolina.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
If UNC has a year like we actually want (8+ wins) then Mack wins. Unfortunately this conference is still dominated by the state of North Carolina.

If Mack wins 8 games with that team, he totally deserves COY. Interestingly, he was the last UNC head coach to win it, in 1996. I don't think the state of North Carolina really factors in to this particular decision. The only other coach from an NC school to win it since then was Cutcliffe at Duke, who I would also argue was very deserving. Granted, the North Carolina schools have been mediocre to bad for the most part.

CPJ won ACC COY 3 times and O'Leary won it twice. I really don't think we can claim any bias against us on this particular issue.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
If Mack wins 8 games with that team, he totally deserves COY. Interestingly, he was the last UNC head coach to win it, in 1996. I don't think the state of North Carolina really factors in to this particular decision. The only other coach from an NC school to win it since then was Cutcliffe at Duke, who I would also argue was very deserving. Granted, the North Carolina schools have been mediocre to bad for the most part.

CPJ won ACC COY 3 times and O'Leary won it twice. I really don't think we can claim any bias against us on this particular issue.
Did Jim Grobe not win it at Wake when they won the championship in '06?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Cold reality will hit us soon enough in Death Valley. I'll take my offseason dreams for now.
I would love to stand up and boldly predict GT would stand its ground and stay in the hunt until the 4th quarter at least. I'd like to. But it appears Venables is being Venables, dammit, and that offense is loaded even as they continue to work on Lawrence's delivery. Maybe the tailgaters outside the gate will use so much power for those 72 inch HD TVs that .....