Coach Nick Newsome

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Coach Nick NewsomeSpecial Teams Coordinator / Recruiting Coordinator / Wide Receivers -
2694.png
Capital University
2694.png
#FUN #RYFP | Proverbs 22:6

athletics.capital.edu/sports/fball/i…

http://athletics.capital.edu/sports/fball/coaches/newsome-nick?view=bio

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
The only question to me is I know Candeto can recruit,but can this guy recruit? If he can recruit I'm all aboard on him I just hope he can!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The only question to me is I know Candeto can recruit,but can this guy recruit? If he can recruit I'm all aboard on him I just hope he can!
He was the recruiting coordinator at capital university, so hopefully he can help. He looks younger as well, which I think will help.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
We already have our 10 coaches which means he won’t be actively recruiting.
'splain for me please. I thought 10 coaches, up from nine last season, is the new coaching limit. If so how can he be on the practice field? There are all kinds of hinky provisions for the factories of this world and they have non-field personnel stacked everywhere as anaysts, etc. who are not allowed on the practice field. But if he is special teams coordinator ... that's coaching. Somebody unconfuse me, please.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
My guess is that this has something to do with the recent fundraising drive, which would Place him somewhere dealing with recruiting.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
'splain for me please. I thought 10 coaches, up from nine last season, is the new coaching limit. If so how can he be on the practice field? There are all kinds of hinky provisions for the factories of this world and they have non-field personnel stacked everywhere as anaysts, etc. who are not allowed on the practice field. But if he is special teams coordinator ... that's coaching. Somebody unconfuse me, please.
Because he was the special teams coordinator at Capital University. Not here.

He’s most likely in the personnel department for us.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
We already have our 10 coaches which means he won’t be actively recruiting.

Thats not true; unless you are narrowing your view of recruiting to in home visits and calling players.

The non coach recruiting staff recruits constantly. They call prospects coaches, get tape, organize camps and visits and when any player both official or unofficial comes on campus they recruit 100 percent like a coach. They also analyze tape, help the staff with breakdowns, they do alot a coach does minus field coaching and player coaching. They prep the staff bigtime for next 2 opponents

What they cant do is go to the players home. Or go travel to recruit, or call a player direct. But thats a small piece of recruiting from the overall system and those items are limited significantly by the ncaa now making it smaller. Its amazing how little a coach can actually recruit today by rule.

If a player calls them. Its fair game. But these guys are involved in recruiting alot.....

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Thats not true; unless you are narrowing your view of recruiting to in home visits and calling players.

The non coach recruiting staff recruits constantly. They call prospects coaches, get tape, organize camps and visits and when any player both official or unofficial comes on campus they recruit 100 percent like a coach. They also analyze tape, help the staff with breakdowns, they do alot a coach does minus field coaching and player coaching. They prep the staff bigtime for next 2 opponents

What they cant do is go to the players home. Or go travel to recruit, or call a player direct. But thats a small piece of recruiting from the overall system and those items are limited significantly by the ncaa now making it smaller. Its amazing how little a coach can actually recruit today by rule.

If a player calls them. Its fair game. But these guys are involved in recruiting alot.....
yet he'll never get credit for recruiting a kid so anyone looking for that are going to be upset.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
His twitter account now states: "Offensive Graduate Assistant | QBs & B-Backs", so I think you're right.

That's interesting. Wonder what that means for Tevin Washington? I believe he was was GA for those positions last season.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I believe he's joining as a grad assistant. Foreshadowing a move coming up...
Okay, that would allow him to be on the practice field. Tech needs to get a couple of its good graduates back into school in a master's program. (Or if they left without graduating, get them back to finish.) I gather if you are a student you can be on the field regardless of the number of coaches.