Coach Larry Campbell retires

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Had the pleasure of coaching against Larry C when he first started out.We did well aginst him but no matter what happened......whether he won or loss he never downed his players or gave excuses.He is what we call a class act no matter where he goes.Hope he enjoys retirement .

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I'm playing for LC right now, it was a pleasure to have him as a coach, last December he let coach Sewak come down and visit me
Give you a little history my young friend.In 73 I was at Louisville High and we went to your place to play.We were good coming off a very good year and for many first time(including me) ever going to Devil Den.We went to the gym and saw all those pics of guys playing college football and pros and then when the pregame started every citizen of Lincoln County came on the field.Coach Thomas looked at me and said"Coach that is impressive ".Needless to say we blocked a punt in fourth quarter and when we were almost in the end zone one of my lineman clipped a guy for some reason known only to him and God.We tied the game at 0-0 but the experience was so impressive I still see it in my mind when I see high school scores. Yep not only do you have good coach and staff.........but damn good fans.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
i went to a graduation there 4+ yrs ago. Coach Campbell was putting chairs up afterwards..I was totally impressed..
someone has a huge set of shoes to fill!
Good thing is he went out the way he coached..........class all the way.Would hate to replace him no matter what team I had coming back.Replacing Campbell is like replacing Wright Bazemore at Valdosta.

Mitch Matthews

Georgia Tech Fan
A
Give you a little history my young friend.In 73 I was at Louisville High and we went to your place to play.We were good coming off a very good year and for many first time(including me) ever going to Devil Den.We went to the gym and saw all those pics of guys playing college football and pros and then when the pregame started every citizen of Lincoln County came on the field.Coach Thomas looked at me and said"Coach that is impressive ".Needless to say we blocked a punt in fourth quarter and when we were almost in the end zone one of my lineman clipped a guy for some reason known only to him and God.We tied the game at 0-0 but the experience was so impressive I still see it in my mind when I see high school scores. Yep not only do you have good coach and staff.........but damn good fans.
great community!

Mitch Matthews

Georgia Tech Fan
Also, we have a new head coach! Kevin banks, he was our defensive coordinator. He is really great and I am proud to consider him a mentor. LC football will return to greatness with him as coach. We are also shifting to a new defense and a new offense

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Also, we have a new head coach! Kevin banks, he was our defensive coordinator. He is really great and I am proud to consider him a mentor. LC football will return to greatness with him as coach. We are also shifting to a new defense and a new offense
He will be fine.Now settle the case at board of ed and be ready to play ball

Mitch Matthews

Georgia Tech Fan
We are having Larry Campbell appreciation night on Friday at 8pm at the field, I will tell you guys on Friday night why ;) but special guests include the governor and ray goff

Mack

Helluva Engineer
We are having Larry Campbell appreciation night on Friday at 8pm at the field, I will tell you guys on Friday night why ;) but special guests include the governor and ray goff
He deserves everything yall can do for him.First saw him when I was at Louisville in 70 and Coach Bunch was showing him the ropes.He is a class act and takes blame for his teams loss and praises folks for wins........just a good guy....hope he enjoys it.