Coach Key on Twitter today

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Considering the bar is mediocrity or slightly below it I would certainly hope the new coaching staff is going to try to raise it.

People seem to be forgetting that cpj said alot of the same things when he took over on 08. Talked about winning NC etc. Well see if collins is singing the same tune in year 4. I hope he is I really do. No coach comes into a new job and acts like they cant do it to the top level

Animal02

Banned
People seem to be forgetting that cpj said alot of the same things when he took over on 08. Talked about winning NC etc. Well see if collins is singing the same tune in year 4. I hope he is I really do. No coach comes into a new job and acts like they cant do it to the top level
Difference is Gailey was FIRED. Very few new HCs come into positions where the previous HC retired.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Yes it was.

Key's here, and for the team's sake I hope he's successful. That said, that particular tweet -- "didn't come home to play small ball" and "raise the bar" -- was phrased in such a way as to be easy to infer as a thoroughly unnecessary and disrespectful commentary re the previous staff. "Raising the bar" as compared to what? Or who? Exactly. That comment wasn't just about "ambitions."

Too bad the vaunted recruiting prowess of the new staff couldn't lead to the retention of an All-ACC guard.

Thanks, farewell, and best of luck, Mr. Braun. You'll be missed.

Then CPJ & Sewak really stunk it up with all the guys that left early due to graduating early. Why couldn’t they keep one.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
You don't have to worry about what you say nearly as much when you are no longer getting a pay check. ;)
I do think the new staff should be more care how they phrase things and the actions they take....as they are the one currently representing Tech.

You don’t have to worry as much what you say once you no longer get a paycheck?

La La land. Maybe if you are a burger flipper. Not in big boy world.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Okay man. Let me break this down for you. We all know that our past coaches were shooting for a national title, right? Good. Now that is settled. Next, can we agree that there have been some messages, either true or untrue, that have been circulated by teams that are recruiting against us? Perfect. Now, can we agree that we have a new coaching staff that has no game film at Tech to show to anyone yet? Almost there. Perhaps we can agree that the new coaching staff is trying to create a unifying message that dispels some of those previously mentioned negative recruiting narratives. If they do that, maybe we will be able to recruit better, and win some more games. That sounds like a good thing, right?

"Playing small ball" speaks directly to the stupid "high school offense" narrative that has followed us for years. I like the option. I am sad CPJ retired. I am also looking forward to never hearing "high school offense" from tv, radio, news, and opposing fans.

But you agree saying “small ball” was a dig. I agree but I also think the dude is a turd so....

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Lot of CGC effort supposedly going into branding and messsging. Many here think these things are being driven by underlings. Maybe CGC needs to put more effort in?

Animal02

Banned
Lot of CGC effort supposedly going into branding and messsging. Many here think these things are being driven by underlings. Maybe CGC needs to put more effort in?
One moment it is underlings doing it, the next moment CGC is in charge of everything.....I wish the school girl crushers would figure out which meme they want to promote.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Two Orange Bowls, an ACC Championship, and thumping the humpers THREE times in Athens---if this is small ball and CGC and staff make it look like small ball, then I will be thrilled. I normally really enjoy your posts---this one sux big time.
"Juice" keeps the best player on the team for his Sr. year. If he gets credit, which I think is deserved, for helping along with CPJ's staff, to keep this years class together, then he deserves a demerit (a BIG one), for this non-juice. Gotta count the TD passes relative to interceptions.
You took it wrong Z. I was knocking Key’s reference to the CPJ’s era as low bar “small ball.” I have the utmost respect and admiration for Parker. I hate what happened and I have a bad feeling why it did.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You took it wrong Z. I was knocking Key’s reference to the CPJ’s era as low bar “small ball.” I have the utmost respect and admiration for Parker. I hate what happened and I have a bad feeling why it did.

I was referring to Key’s tweet also. Gonna be some flames on the board now. Mod might should move those posts to Key thread. I’m afraid I got sucked into another derail.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
The only thing CPJ said when he came in was “don’t need him, and don’t want him” about a young man committed to Ga Tech. Can only imagine what those bending over for Sewak would say if the New Staff said anything like that about someone the previous staff had recruited this year. New staff would not say that.

The other thing CPJ said was he did not understand why all the negativity towards ugag from us. Coach Collins doesn’t need to learn it.

That's just false. But if you want to live in a dream world you can.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
To put this all to bed, I just spoke with the social media folks at Georgia Tech. They confirmed that this had nothing to do with Parker, the old staff, or any slights against either. Just slogans to get people hyped up for the new regime. There is nothing meant to be derogatory, nor meant to degrade either the old staff or Parker. Just promotional social media usage

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
To put this all to bed, I just spoke with the social media folks at Georgia Tech. They confirmed that this had nothing to do with Parker, the old staff, or any slights against either. Just slogans to get people hyped up for the new regime. There is nothing meant to be derogatory, nor meant to degrade either the old staff or Parker. Just promotional social media usage

Those poor social media folks now know there are a bunch of crazy people over here.

cyclejacket

Jolly Good Fellow

You mean we all just went crazy like we'd seen a 3 minute video clip when there was additional information showing a different situation. How does that happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.