Coach Kenyatta Watson on "UGA Beef," Recruiting Doomsday & More!

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
He also spoke about some kids who are under recruited that was interesting. Mostly rural GA qb’s.

& yeah, Collins got to win. Recruits want to see if GT can win.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
He also spoke about some kids who are under recruited that was interesting. Mostly rural GA qb’s.

& yeah, Collins got to win. Recruits want to see if GT can win.
Kinda strange to me. If you wait to see those type of results wouldn't you be at another school by then? Unless you are a high school underclassman, 2021 or 2022 etc...

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Kinda strange to me. If you wait to see those type of results wouldn't you be at another school by then? Unless you are a high school underclassman, 2021 or 2022 etc...
Not necessarily, seeing if Coach Collins can win here on The Flats doesn't mean wait to see what the final record is. Kids (and most everyone else for that matter) will be able to tell if we can win or not by midseason. If we won the games we're suppose to and play well against the clemsons, miamis, and ugas recruits will definitely take notice.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Not necessarily, seeing if Coach Collins can win here on The Flats doesn't mean wait to see what the final record is. Kids (and most everyone else for that matter) will be able to tell if we can win or not by midseason. If we won the games we're suppose to and play well against the clemsons, miamis, and ugas recruits will definitely take notice.
I understand. I guess what is strange is basing that type of a decision off of 1 season of Wins and Loses? If you are a 2020 recruit?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I understand. I guess what is strange is basing that type of a decision off of 1 season of Wins and Loses? If you are a 2020 recruit?

I don't think our record will have much of an effect on 2020 recruits, though if we do way better than expected, a couple of the blue chips may give us a harder look and maybe flip. I do think they are going to be interested in seeing what our offense looks like and just whether our style of play matches up to our off the field swagger.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The good news is that there will be players who want to come to Tech not because of the record but because they are buying what CGC is selling. The caveat to that is that Tech can't be losing games by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
He speaks the truth... We have the momentum, and the "it" factor now. The rest is all W's. If Coach Collins can somehow get 8 wins this year, it will go a long way to convince a big time recruit to join. If Coach Collins wins 9 or 10, I think you will see a Tech class in the top 10.

If Coach Collins can in 3 years get us to 10-11-12 wins... then he has a chance to replicate Dabo at Clemson.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
While I think we can get to 6-7 wins I could also see us being this years Nebraska to recruits and national media. We might lose more than we win but we could keep a lot of games really interesting and give some highly ranked teams a few close calls. As long as we look like we’re making progress throughout the season and kids can see the potential in the new schemes, I think we will be just fine with 2020 kids and beyond.
Like Nebraska, they were 4-8 I believe and Frost has a buzz around that program now. They’re a pre season top 25-30 ish team by a lot of people and he’s doing a great job recruiting their off a losing season. I see no reason why CGC can’t do the same.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
It IS gonna come down to the Ws. That's why I say 2021 is very important. If we go 4-8 ish in 2019/2020, we really need to look good doing so.
Everything has sped up a great deal now, the 7 to 11 year timetable to "arrive" is a bygone era. 8-9 wins in 2021 will do just fine---5-6, not so much.

A great deal imo will come down to CGCs OC/DC co-ords. A really really good coach in CBR, which CGC can't be expected to match yet, couldn't have done it without Fridge and GOL. This will take making good choices and $$$.